What Are You Doing To Prepare For Retirement?

by Apostanator 27 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

My Social Security - US

Wife's Social Security - US

Retirement Program - Company paid no contributions from me....

401K - Savings and Company Stock

Stock Options - Company Stock

Real estate - Sell and reinvest in smaller home 2010...

Work Part Time.....

Goal - Have a house paid off in five years.....

Retirement begins 2007 .....

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Garybuss

:My retirement plan was always to die young.

Garybuss you kill me

Dismembered

• Jourles
    Jourles

Ideally, I plan on getting CPA certification and going back to the org. Once I'm back in, I will kiss anyone's ass until I get to Bethel. As soon as I get access to the WTS money accounts, I plan on ciphoning the Worldwide Work funds into a personal account.

or...

I can save up enough cash on the side for a hitman to erase my spouse. I've got a 200k policy on her so that would hold me over for quite a while.

or...

I keep throwing money at my 401k while my company matches 1:1 up to 6%. I pay off the house and any little credit cards that are left over. No kids to spend money on, so that'll save roughly a hundred thousand over several years alone.

• LDH
    LDH

Mary, in it's simplest terms, an HSA is a tax advantaged account that allows you to save money on a tax-deferred basis to pay for future medical expenses. It must be coupled with a High-Deductible health plan.

There is a discussion on it in the Health Care, a right or a privilege thread.

Here's the link to the Treasury dept

http://www.treasury.gov/offices/public-affairs/hsa/

• xjwms
    xjwms

Real estate is the only thing that has made me money

I am in the mood to write some offers on additional this week. I love to collect rent.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, in it's simplest terms, an HSA is a tax advantaged account that allows you to save money on a tax-deferred basis to pay for future medical expenses. It must be coupled with a High-Deductible health plan.

Thanks LDH.......as our Health Care is publically funded up here in Canada (for the time being anyway), I don't think we've got anything like that up here........

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Brothers!! Why would you pay into a pension?! Don't you know where we are in the Stream of Time??! Armageddon will be here long before you retire!!

Yup, that was and still is my dad's reasoning! Any day now! Any day now!

I guess you could say that my dad's retirement plan is dependant upon the end of the world.

I heard something in the news the other day. The US population now has an average savings rate that is NEGATIVE. That means that many people are not only NOT saving, they are living on credit. Here is a website all about people like that: http://www.30kmillionaires.com Someone is actually making a show about them.

• Her Ladyship
    Her Ladyship
    Some have many children in hopes that they will take care of them when they get old.

That is something that had never occured to me. I pay around £700 a month in pension funds and taxes. I hope it's all worth it!

Christina

X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit