Hello, I'm new here

by debbiedebbie 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• debbiedebbie
    debbiedebbie

I left the JW's in 1990 and officially left or at least decided never to return again in 1993

I announced that I'd rather die in Armageddon than live with these people

They don't want to speak to me much anymore.

But I'm concerned because I have a 4 yr old child and I don't want to attend any church

Nothing against those who do.

But should I go for my child even though I will stare into outerspace until its over or is this a worse example than not attending at all?

I don't care to go for myself but Im worried my child will end up in a controlling organization like I did.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

welcome debbiedebbie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome debbiedebbie!

If you are not a churchgoer, why would your child need to be?

I used to attend a church once in a while, but when my daughter was about to be born I suddenly realised that I didn't want her to receive any sort of confessional religious education. Imo it was better for her to hear the religious stories as stories, i.e. from the outside.

• loathjw
    loathjw

Hi!

How about checking out your local community center and finding some nice children's playgroups to take her to? There's probaly lots of kids activities that are not religiously oriented that both she and you might enjoy.

My grandbaby is 3 and enjoys going to tumbling classes, "kids rock"--dance class, and he just started singing class. The classes are all free, or carry a nominal charge.

Welcome!

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome DebbieDebbie.

I have two kids and just recently left the JW's. They haven't missed meetings one bit! For children and most adults the JW's were a social circle. Find a good social structure for your child and do volunteer things to teach your child about being a contributing human being.

good luck, freedomlover

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Welome Debbie!

Don't worry children are smarter than you think, just teach your child the truth about the Universe and life and how we got here. Take her to the library and get her books on dinasours and evolution, that we see we be able to see through the lies of orginized religion.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

IMHO it is much better to show your daughter real love and kindness in action then to go to any church. Actions do speak louder then words!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi debbie, welcome to the forum!

Not all churches are controlling. If you don't find a church you're comfortable with, consider volunteering with your child.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome debbiedebbie - bring her up the best you can and there is a high chance she will not end up in a high control group

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi debbiedebbie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit