'PROPER' dress code for kids at the KH

by jambon1 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My wife has some very nice pantsuits that she got for work they look SOOOO much better than dresses I've told her many times to wear those instead...

Of course now she doesnt GO... So on meeting nights she wears nothing...

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

I hated dressing up for meetings. I don't even like dressing up for anything. I've seen some people slip by with casual clothes in the KH, only because they were rebuilding a house for another brother so they were allowed to wear timbs.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i had that problem with one of my kids..

we compromised, she was around 10, i let her wear " skorts"

shorts with a skirt over the front.. and dared anyone to say anything to me lol

she grew out of the hard headed " I"M NOT WEARING DRESSES!" once she got interested in boys.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The Bible says that the real God does not care "about the outer appearance of a man." But, since JWs have nothing to do with the real God, outer appearances have been raised to paramount heights. For me, this is the primary piece of proof that a JW congregation is nothing more than a social club and has absolutely nothing to do with a persons spirituality.

Spot on. When my ex spouse found out about the WTBT$ and the UN she asked if she had to escape with me because all her friends are JW's and she didn't want to lose them.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I think the discipline of wearing nice clothes is GOOD

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

wear yer skin - it's superior to anything we can make

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Gill, Hope you don't mind me answering your question....

Thongs in Australia = Sandals!

Unlcebruce - correct me if I'm wrong please - you know those tiny little 'pants' with a thin string that goes up between your arse cheeks and a little pouch or triangle at the front - are they strings in Australia!

Some people also refer to thongs as flip flops. We even have one brand called Havianas that are THE brand to be seen wearing.

And we call what you guys refer to as thongs - G Strings. Then there are also the V Strings. Allow me to illustrate...

Gstring has that little bit at the back triangle shaped.

VString does not have the little triangle. Only string.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thankyou peaches,

and at a pinch we use gumby:

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Some people also refer to thongs as flip flops.

This is somewhat confusing. I wear flip flops all the time, but definately not a g-string.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I told my husband that I am going to start wearing pantsuits to the service meeting. I work in a professional legal setting and wear very nice pant outfits. I have decided that if Condoleeza Rice can greet foreign dignitaries in a pantsuit, then pantsuits more than meet the "mainstream business wear" standard for American women that the Society has set. Interestingly, I have a very good friend in Denmark. The sisters there wear pants to all meetings AND OUT IN SERVICE.

If the brothers want to speak with me, I will direct them to follow theocratic procedure, and ask permission of my "head." If he says no........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit