Outdoor Spirituality.

by jeeprube 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

What do you mean by "spiritual"? Gawd I have a lot of trouble with how the JWs toss that term around! Is it awh, serenity, aliveness, ??

I love the contact zones between water and land of all sorts, but never thought it was "spiritual". Very physical!

caveman

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

yes, yes, yes, yes, and um.... YES!
    Isn't it funny how you can go on a hike and find more spiritually in a rock than you will in any of mans religious institutions.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I have these same kinds of feelings.... Only thing is, cannot call it god.... god is a "character"...

,Mike

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

That is almost exactly how I feel. I am agnostic, so I don't immediately think of God when I'm out in nature. But I do feel some sort of connection and power when I'm in such a peaceful place.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

" During these trips Jim released his soul to the wilderness, two became one. And so it happened shortly after he turned twelve that the Spirit- voice of the wild crept into him, and his life changed forever. He was no longer the lonely, fatherless boy with the terrible ache in his heart, for he discovered when he answered the Spirit-voice and would venture into the Everglades, that he stopped aching. Was it his father's voice? He didn't have the answer,he just knew he had FOUND his father! And he was everywhere. He found him in the sparkling eyes of the Island Glass lizard, the perpetual smile of the little Cuban treefrog, the eternal strength of the Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake, the enduring patience of the loggerhead turtle, and in the elegant majesty of the master of the air, the bald eagle. "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit