Does Jehovah Witnesses have the worst teachings?.

by GodisRight 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GodisRight
    GodisRight

What do you think? The dubs condem all other denominations professing faith in Christ as apostates. They teach that christendom will suffer destruction as a part of Babylon the Great by the hands of God.

However, here is the thing. My recent findings suggest Jehovah Witness falsely interpret and bend scriptures out of context more than any other religion I have come in to contact with. Not to mention all the man made traditions that they hold on to. And its dawning on me like the Sun that they are the biggest hypocrits of them all. I am reminded of the verse about the guy who notices the splinter in his brothers eyes, but not the log in his own eye.

Could it be that the org cannot clean its own backyard because they are too busy fussing about everyone elses backyard?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I have to answer your ? with a ? Have you ever explained witness beliefs to a friend of yours (not a witness of course)? I was telling a good friend of mine about how WT$ says its not good to go to college and his mouth literally dropped. Another note now that I am free of witness thinking I feel like an idiot every time I tell someone about witness beliefs. It is appaling that I used to take stock in such things as 144,000 going to heaven, the validation of the revelation cl;imax book and others.

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    have to answer your ? with a ? Have you ever explained witness beliefs to a friend of yours (not a witness of course)? I was telling a good friend of mine about how WT$ says its not good to go to college and his mouth literally dropped. Another note now that I am free of witness thinking I feel like an idiot every time I tell someone about witness beliefs. It is appaling that I used to take stock in such things as 144,000 going to heaven, the validation of the revelation cl;imax book and others.

Actually, College is the reason I stopped going to the meetings. At the time, I still had believed that the ORG was the truth, but I wanted to straighten out my life. All they seemed to care about was attending the meetings. They made me feel like s sinner for not coming to those meetings. However, I wanted to get a career started first. What is the scriptural reason for forcing people to attend 5 meetings, study their mags, and give talks on the stands?

At least I am out of there!

Oh yeah, I still have that climax book. When I read it after knowing the truth about the ORG, I wonder to myself "how on earth did I ever believe in this garbage?" According to the JWS Climax book, the book of revelations is all about them and their 20th century experiences. Such a self assuming teaching is GROSS.

• heathen
    heathen

I think they still have alot of unscriptural dogma . Most religions interpret things with very little discernment so I'd give them all a low grade on bad teachings . Christianity seems like it's nothing more than just a con game to me . I think the WTBTS started out as a con game but somewhere there were people that really wanted to know the truth and could see thru the con of other religions so just decided to settle on that . I think the blood doctrine and two witness rule in child molestation accusations are probly the worst teachings of any religion .

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are hundreds of cultic religions in the world and I am sure that some of them are even worse and more wayward than the JWs eg the scientologists but they are dangerous to the spiritual well being of man they all seem to emanate some kind of destructive enslaving power.

Compared to serious Christian religions they are certainly worse even though they claim they have the truth and accuse them as being satanic and babylonish.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Bad but not worst. Suicide cults are certainly worse. But compared to a lot of mainstream Christianity JWism is a bit of a joke. I am constantly astounded at how little doctrine i knew as a JW. Here we would condemn everyone else for their scriptural ignorance, yet compare a WTS 'scholar' with a true scholar and the WTS looks like it never got past highschool.
    Good point Darth, when i talk to work mates about JW teachings I am embarrassed to admit that I actually used to believe it.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Bad but not worst. Suicide cults are certainly worse.

Is it suicide to allow yourself to die because 12 11 misguided humans in New York decide you can't have proper medical treatment?

IMO, the JW's are worse than any other group who claim to follow Christ because they deny Him in so many ways.

The WTBT$ is a hypocritical organization that whored with their version of the Beast (United Nations) for almost 10 years.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Definitely not the worst. There are some amazingly creative kooks out there.

There are far more serious bible students out there who take pains to understand scriptures in context and follow a disciplined pattern of study, such as the inductive method.

http://sites.silaspartners.com/partner/0,,34418,00.html

The JW's often remind me of the United Church, ironically, for their habit of picking a scripture off the shelf to further their own agenda. I think their habit of random selection shows a deep disrespect for the bible's message. I am pretty darn sure the Watchtower writers fear the editing committee more than God.

• Mary
    Mary

Offhand, I'd have to say that Scientology and Islam are worse than the Dubs. I don't know enough about Hindus, but theirs seems kind of wacky too.

I'm sure there's hundreds of religions that we simply aren't familiar with, that are alot worse than ours.........

• integ
    integ

Yes they "does"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit