Are Circuit Overseers Getting Discouraged?

by metatron 54 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

When I was in the service department in Bethel, (it looks after CO's and DO's) the policy was;

When they left the travelling work, there was no further interest or communication and certainly no monetary support of any kind.

David

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

No problem Yesidid. Such experiences SHOULD evoke strong reactions. I do not agree with how other COs have been treated, and I do not know who he was friends with to get such a deal. Trojan's response made perfect sense to me, both situations are plausible. However, I was under the misconceptions that this was standard operating procedure; clearly it is not.

While COs do not mean anything to me personally ( I doubt there is one on the face of the earth that remembers my name despite 35 years of service), I do think they, and their wives, are due care after devoting a lifetime to the 'cause.' I feel the Society's position is too "Go and be well fed."

• 30girl
    30girl

The last CO I remember was pretty decent although my fringe friends hated him -- I didn't understand why then, probably because I was tripping over myself to impress him and his wife. I remember that my sister was visiting our Hall and when the CO's wife found out my sis spoke fluent spanish she asked her why she wasn't making it a goal to work with the new Spanish congregation? When my sister told her that she was only visiting and that her home was over an hour away, the sister was like, so? Oh yeah, forgot, you don't know what it's like to have a job and work for a living. BTW, thanks for the encouragement, appreciate it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have an idea for the active COs out there. A letter writing effort to them. If the COs you remember are still in CO work the letter will get forwarded from the WTS to them in the field.

Not an attack campaign, just pouring out our hearts to them. Letting them know how we have been affected and, without attacking them personally, why we will never be back. I think I am going to do this.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Justitia

Yes' comments are probably correct as retired "positioned" Dubs use Medicaire.

I know because my congo PO was begging for dollars to buy one his meds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit