If you claim a divine miracle in your life, you will be disfellowshipped!!!

by free2beme 29 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

This guy was kicked out of the Witness group because his daughter was healed.
    Kicked Out of the Kingdom, by C.Trombley

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    I experienced some events like these and I personally think their are very real and not demons. If I had experienced these as a Witness and shared them with the congregation, I would have been counseled and if I continued to believe them and express that, I would have been disfellowshipped.

I don't think that's strictly true about being disfellowshipped for believing in miracle's. The Year books often had stories about brothers and sisters who had weird experiences like being invisible to soldiers, being able to leap over fences that a normal human couldn't. They would attribute these events to angles or Jehovah.

The fact these stories made it into publication must mean that the org gives (or gave) some credence to the claims.

• I-CH-TH-U-S
    I-CH-TH-U-S

MIRACLE: (abbridged version)

1. Just outside vancouver almost a year ago a man was brought to hospital

2. The Church Prayed for healing and comfort for his wife and family, he died

3. Recorded in his wife's Diary is "My Husband is dead..."

4. After being Recorded as dead, he then "sat up" out of his bed and was healed of the ailments that originally had caused his death (note: his high colesteral was still there and some other ailments were still in his body)

5. He attends church on a regular basis in Burnaby BC Canada.

I told this story to a JW once who was handing out watchtower magazines and he said "if it is true (which he is assuming i am lying in the first place) then Satan is doing that only to strengthen your belief in the trinity (and other mainline christian theologys which we had discussed earlier)"

i think thats pretty ridiculous. if that is not a miracle....i dont know what is

• anewme
    anewme

I understand what you are saying.

I felt and still feel ripped off for having the possibility of personal miracles taken away from my life by the teachings of the Watchtower Society. The mind set is that the great crowd are not privileged with anything divine. They are just sheep in a pasture that need herding and hosing.
    They have no direct contact with God. They must go through mediators for everything!

Hogwash!!!

I am of Irish ancestry, a very colorful and rich imaginative and warm hearted people. And I feel very bitter about the concepts that have been ingrained in me about life and the world.

As an EX-JW there is no magic for me! I am married to a man who is trying very hard to show me how precious and special life is and how it is filled with wonders and miracles that defy explanation.

He stops me and says "Listen to the wind Anewme!" "What is it saying to you?"

What??? What is the wind saying to me??? I dont know!!!! I didnt think the wind could talk!!!!

But I want so much to feel deeply this life I have been given. I dont want to make the mistake of taking things all for granted and then at the end of life realize I failed to appreciate this fantastic drama for what it really is----- a once in a lifetime experience!

• wednesday
    wednesday

really this is one of the reasons I left jws. Their outright refusal to believe that God would do anything for anyone except them (or the really the 144, 000, or GB) or to promote them.

My hubby tells me that he feels "God" in nature. he says when he is working in the yard, making things grow, with animals, he can feel a good presence near him.

There is something wonderful about a beautiful day, birds singing, garden growing, birth of life.

"for the good of believing in life after birth..." Jim Steinman. one of my fav quotes.

weds

• ferret
    ferret

It just goes to show you that JW's do not have a monopoly on God, as they believe they do..

• M.J.
    M.J.

Angels act only in accordance with the WTS legal dept.

• M.J.
  • osmosis
    osmosis

Glad to see I'm not the only skeptic in the house.

Mackin: I agree. If you truly believe that a miracle has happened to you or anyone else, you are at least a little bit completely insane. Not necessarily a fatal flaw though, some of my favourite people were a little bit totally nuts.

Dozy: No, alien abduction claims are not believable. Many so-called alien abductees are actually victims of a crackpot psychologist who claims to "hypnotize" or "regress" them to uncover "repressed memories", but if you analyze their method, you quickly see that those "memories" are actually invoked at the suggestion of the quack psychologist. Others just don't know when they're dreaming and when they're not. In any case, if you analyze the claims, and the pictures these "abductees" draw of their "captors", it's pretty obvious that their claims and images have actually come from pop culture media, like the idea of the "flying saucer".

Dr Jekyll: Yes the "bOrg" (love that name lol) has a twisted duality to it. On the one hand, they have and have always had some rather quirky notions about how the world works. On the other, there are some scientific leanings to them as well. For example, their religion has changed considerably in the last 100 or so years. Change is generally much more scientific than it is religious. C.T. Russel, if he were alive today, would probably be right here on this web site with us, having been branded an apostate and tossed out of the clique by the modern JW.

FlyingHighNow: This NDE stuff is a load of BS engineered to sell you books and magazines on the subject. For quite some time now we have known with very good certainty that these visions are just symptoms of your brain going haywire when you're in your dying throes. It's very reasonable and *parsimonious* (google "occam's razor") to see this as a simple mind trip courtesy of mother nature. The very same effect can be achieved in one of those centrifuges they spin astronauts around in to see if they can stand the G's. Try googling "dying brain theory".

I-CH-TH-U-S: That could not possibly have happened as you say it did. An extraordinary claim such as that requires extraordinary evidence to back it up. I'm willing to bet everything I own that you cannot produce, nor have you seen your own self, a single shred of real, solid evidence. You simply believe what your friend says, and he probably *believes* it too.

anewme: I feel as you do. Yes, there is a message in the wind, that message is it's direction and velocity. If you try hard enough, you *will* hear something though. What might that be? It will be exactly what you want to hear. It might make you feel good, but it won't be real.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

When I had my thyroidectomy fiasco, I knew, during the second surgery (while I was under) that something was going wrong. I remember praying to Jehovah. I believe that I may have even called out his name. I, at that time, believed he heard me and helped me. I awoke in leather straps and on a vent, but I made it through. Don't know if it was a miracle or not.

It was one of the weird events in life. Don't know what you call it. At the time, I believed that Jehovah listened to all of his people whether they were inactive, disfellowshipped, or whatever. I don't believe that the witnesses own Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit