Rules for being human...

by upside/down 21 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

The rules for being human

1. You will receive a body
    You may like it or hate it, but it is yours for the entire period of this time around.

2. You will learn lessons
    You are enrolled in a full time informed school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons
    Growth is a process of trial and error: Experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works."

4. A lesson is repeated until learned
    A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons never ends.
    There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better than "here."
    When your there has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."

7. Others are merely mirrors of you.
    You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you.
    You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you.

9. Your answers lie inside you.
    The answers to life questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget all of this

u/d(of the too forgetful class)

• daystar
    daystar

Finally! I seemed to have lost my copy. Thanks!

• carla
    carla

Well, someone finally sent me the memo!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Well said

• upside/down
    upside/down
    9. Your answers lie inside you.

The answers to life questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

Why does this make me think of JamesThomas...?

u/d

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    4. A lesson is repeated until learned

A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

Ok, this one explains a lot.

W

• Brigid
    Brigid

Aaaah, one of my favorites. Someone sent me this long ago and not until much later did I "get it".

Thanks for sharing this.

~Brigid

• prophecor
    prophecor

This was good. I always wondered why I never could get beyond the trials and tribs of this waning life. Now I have better information. This was really good. I need to read it everyday, in fact, two, three and four times a day.

• prophecor
    prophecor

This was good. I always wondered why I never could get beyond the trials and tribs of this waning life. Now I have better information. This was really good. I need to read it everyday, in fact, two, three and four times a day.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That makes the bible obsolete.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit