by lola28 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

awwwwww Lola,

You know they can sweetie

I know two people that you know that are very very very happy

• Dune
    Dune

I think they can work out, if both parties are loyal.

I'm skeptical, but i might try it sooner or later.

• lola28
    lola28
    You know they ;can sweetie

I know two people that you know that are very very very happy

Oh yes, I forgot about those two guys, and does Thom know you are here? Hehe.

lola

• ballistic
    ballistic

You're going to have to ask SuperBecka. I found it didn't work last time but it may not have been due to the distance but other factors.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They may or may not work just the same as face to face relationships, the person at a distance may have a character very different to the one that s/he presents but audio visual contact using instant messengers and a webcam where possible can help a lot in getting to know the real nature of the other person.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    You're going to have to ask SuperBecka.

Looks like it's time for me to weigh in here.

So, do I think that long-distance relationships can work out?? Yup, without a doubt, if two people are committed and loyal and determined to make it work, then yes, I firmly believe that a long-distance relationship can work out just fine. It's definitely different from having a "conventional" relationship, but I think it's very possible if the required levels effort and commitment is there.

But maybe I'm biased.

Just remember - my boyfriend of nearly 10 months lives 3500 miles away and the only major problem we have right now is the fact that he's a JW. Sure, there are lots of smaller things, but no relationship is perfect, and that's definitely the only really huge problem we have at the moment.

So yup, I definitely think that, if the parties involved really want it to work out, then a long-distance relationship is quite possible.

-Becka :) (of the "making a long distance relationship work" class)

• lola28
    lola28
    But maybe I'm biased.

Aww there she is ready to give good advice. Becka if I am ever in your part of the world I am going to buy you a Pepsi, and also does this mean that you don't want me to look for an inmate for you? Because release day out here is on the 15th and I'm sure some of them have wicked tans by now, so let me know, cause I think I found us twins,hehe.

lola

• G Money
    G Money

It is very hard and is usually only for people geographically or otherwise challenged.

As you know Spanish, there is a saying about long distance relationships...

Amor de lejos... es para pendejos!

• Brigid
    Brigid

<<can they work out?>>

Yes.

~Brigid

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    But maybe I'm biased.

Aww there she is ready to give good advice. Becka if I am ever in your part of the world I am going to buy you a Pepsi, and also does this mean that you don't want me to look for an inmate for you? Because release day out here is on the 15th and I'm sure some of them have wicked tans by now, so let me know, cause I think I found us twins,hehe.

Hehehe, yup, I figured it was time for me to put my two cents in on the "long-distance relationships" thread, considering that I do have some experience with that sort of situation.

I'll definitely have to take you up on that Pepsi offer sometime, too. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'm definitely gonna look you up and ask for my Pepsi.

In the meantime, keep your eye on those ex-cons for us, just make sure that they're not JWs. I think we've both had enough experience with the JWs to last a lifetime. Hmm, release day is coming up soon, huh?? Nab those tanned twins and send one over here - my birthday is on the 21st, you can say that he's my birthday present.

Just make sure he's not wearing anything but a big bow.

But for long-distance relationships, I think they can work out just fine if you know what you're doing and you both really want it to work. Just an opinion.

-Becka :) (of the "yup, in a long distance relationship with a JW, of all people" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit