Dub dub dub, another one bites the dust.... Albert D Schroeder is dead

by Abaddon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Sorry, I just can't get into mocking the dead lately.

I find it easy in this case, all I have to do is close my eyes and imagine all the gravestones of all the Df'd that killed themselves because of this mans beliefs. There's a scripture that says something like "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I just can't get into mocking the dead lately.

I am the last person to make light of death.But he was 94 for goodness sake. Everyone dies and he should be happy he lasted longer than the most everyone that ever existed.

Kinda like Rod Steward on South Park?

"Ooooooh. Poop my pants. Oooooooh. Pooped em."
    Exactly like that episode.
  • startingover
    startingover

I have been in a situation with relatives where they were in the condition Albert was in. It was actually a relief to see them pass.

Newyork44,

Is his wife Charlotte still alive? She would be 86. If so, what is her condition?

• Neo
    Neo

Schroeder was the second oldest GB member alive. (Carey Barber is 100.) With him dies some the last memories of the Rutherford days within Bethel. He knew a lot of the skeletons in Rutherford's closet and was aware of many of the organization problems.

Raymond Franz reported that Schroeder was a little independent of the the other GB members because in his talks around the world he would teach things that were not in perfect agreement with official doctrine. He was never reprehended for doing that, since he was a real Society man and toed the party line. In 1979 he was the main proponent of the thesis that the "generation that wouldn't pass" should start in 1957, when Sputink flew for the first time. The GB members never accepted that "new light".

During decades of his life, he had the chance to stand up for what is right but never openly did that. Like the other GB members, he didn't feel personally responsible for the harmful JW teachings, since "God is directing the organization". Although he was a Gilead instructor for years, it seems like he never got to understand the core of the Biblical message.

Schroeder was one of the few GB members who had children. His son Judah ben Schroeder used to be a Bethelite, following his father's footsteps. Now he is attending Columbia University. He studies International Law school and plans to be a lawyer. What a wonderful example of a theocratic man!

Anyone got any interesting stories on Albert Schroeder?

Neo

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Anyone got any interesting stories on Albert Schroeder?

When I was at Bethel, Schroeder was one of the few GB members I liked. I think his having a son gave him a more a bit more realistic view, albeit just a bit more. His wife was my housekeeper for a while. A very nice woman from what interaction I had with her. I remember one time when Albert Schroeder came over to my room asking if I could do a favor for him. No atttitude about him the with I'm a GB member and I expect you to say yes.

• juni
    juni
    Schroeder has been wheelchair bound for quite a long time and was constantly attended to by one or two bethelites. Until recently I would see him in front of the Tower's building with a Wt pinned to his shirt getting his 15 minutes of service in. He has been totally incoherrent for a long time and I am sure had no concept of his surroundings. About 6 months ago when it was a beautiful day in Brooklyn Heights I saw him being pushed around in his wheelchair. I tried to engage him in a conversation and was unable to get him to even look up at me.

OTHERS WHO ARE NOT OF THIS ELITE GROUP SUFFER THE SAME END. BUT, OF COURSE, THEY ARE OF THE NO GOOD EARTHLY CLASS.

THIS WITNESSING DOWN TO THE END IS PROBABLY PRAISED UP AND DOWN AND USED AS A FINE EXAMPLE OF FAITHFULNESS.

TO ME HE'S BEING USED IN HIS INCOHERENT STATE AS "THE POSTER BOY" FOR THE REST. HOW SICK!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Is his wife Charlotte still alive? She would be 86. If so, what is her condition?

Yes, she seems to be quite active.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Schroeder was the second oldest GB member alive. (Carey Barber is 100.)

Weakling!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit