Shoulder is dislocated/subluxated

by seeitallclearlynow 12 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Have you ever had this condition? It's not a full-blown dislocation as might occur in a sports accident. But it's very uncomfortable and the chiropractor keeps trying to put it back in place. He is only temporarily and partially successful. I'm thinking I should just go to Kaiser and get regular medical treatment.

What do you suggest?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I would get medical treatment. I do go to chiropracters, but in my opinion they do better with spinal adjustments, this shoulder dislocation is not their expertise, they are not doctors.

Sherry

• anewme
    anewme

Ooooh that must be so painful!
    I trust chiropractors, but different ones have different methods.
    I hope you are not experiencing any loss of sensation or blood flow in your arm or wrist or hand.
    You dont want to mess with that.

• dvw
    dvw

i got into a serious fight with a guy once, and didnt even know i separrated my shoulder till 24 hours later. ouch. i went to regular dr. and he said couldnt do much for it. put it in a sling. i dont remember how long. hurt bad, especially at nite. i was 24 years old. am 41 now. have started to have some trouble with it lately. i would reccomend doing phys. therapy. they could tell you lots of good exercises. i am sure the hospital liason committee could help you alot. seeing how highly trained they are in ALL things medical.

• rekless
    rekless

You need to get it in . The longer it stays out the harder it will be to put in it because the ligaments and tendons will start to adjust to the position the shoulder is in.

but it is your call

Rekless, No I'm not a doctor, but I did spend the night at Embassy Suites'

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

sounds like you've already made your own decision about it, and feel the need to be validated in that.........anyways, I think you should get a second opinion, yes. I worked for a chiropractor for almost two years but, I know that not all are scrupulous and real healers as he was. Some were just plain quacks. If you are doubting his skills, listen to that doubt. It's trying to tell you something. We, as humans, doubt these supposed "intuition/animal instincts" of ours. I think that we are all made of the same stuff, and we possess these intuitive/animal instincts as a normal skill........we just have to stop letting mainstream follow the leader mentality overwhelm our own protective "daemon" - spirit guide - intuition - animal instinct..............

• Scully
    Scully

That sounds so painful and uncomfortable!!

Don't waste too much time on treatments that aren't working... you need your shoulder to be fully functional. If the chiropractic treatments haven't worked, then it's time to make a trip to the doctor or the ER. I've heard this is a relatively simple and quick procedure - just make sure you ask for the pain relievers BEFORE they try to fix your shoulder.

Get well soon!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It's only your arm, and I can barely feel the pain from where I am, so I suggest you avoid real doctors and visit a shaman instead.

I'll bet if the right mojo-man shakes some herbs at it it will be all better!

You have to take responsibility for your healing -- if it doesn't heal, it's because you weren't gullible enough didn't believe strongly enough.

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

Go to the ER and ask for treatment immediately. Once a shoulder has been badly injured it can and will continue to slip out unless it is properly treated, the sooner the better. Trust me, I know - I badly dislocated one in my younger days and it popped out, on its own, on two completely innocuous occasions before I had it surgically reconstructed. It still gives me trouble, and will for the rest of my life. You can't afford not to have this dealt with - go the hospital right now!!!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and experiences in this! It sounds much more serious than I had realized, because thinking back, it has actually bothered me for years, and only recently has it been so persistent! So that makes me realize it has gotten progressively worse, as some of you have explained it would. Shoot! I'll go to the doctor this week then. I've been taking a little Darvocet and Excedrin and adjusted the height on my computer chair, at home anyway, and have had some little relief. But obviously, I'll need to do much more.

Thanks again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit