What other religions do not teach the trinity?

by MissBehave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Sorry I should have been more specific, which Christian religions do not accept the trinity?

Thanks for the info on the Unitarians. I'll check them out. I have a JW relative who frequently uses the argument that the Witnesses are the only "Christian" religion that does not teach the trinity. I know that's not true but I'm having a hard time coming up with the right phrase to google to find them.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ms. Peaches, didn't mean to ignore you! I thought the service was very like the christian services I have been to without the communion part. Some find the lack of mention of Jesus as troubling and if you need that for spiritual fulfillment it definately wouldn't be your cup of tea. But I have to tell you, the nicest people go there, very friendly. Before I went I had this image in my mind of the type of individual that would go to the UU, I thought it would be marginal, strange type people. Was I ever wrong. They were for the most part, professionals, very intelligent, but the commonality was a desire to make a difference in a humanitarian way and a respect for the earth.

It just wasn't my cup of tea, not pagan enough.

Sherry

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Misbehave:

My google search turned this up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism

they have a section on religions (groups) that don't believe in the trinity. Interestingly enough near the top or at the top were the LDS. I didn't know that! Won't that make your witness relative happy! lol

Sherry

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is the Wikipedia list
    * Monarchianism
    * Arianism
    * Socinianism
    * Deism
    * Unitarian Christians
    * American Unitarian Conference
    * The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church; see also Mormon)
    * Living Church of God
    * Unitarian Universalist Christian Fellowship*
    * Magi Network*
    * Church of Christ, Scientist
    * Oneness Pentecostals
    * Jehovah's Witnesses
    * Unification Church
    * Christadelphians
    * Church of God General Conference (Abrahamic Faith)
    * Polish Brethren
    * Doukhobors
    * Molokan
    * The Way International
    * Gospel Assembly Church

There are over 20 Watchtower/JW sects that reject the Trinity.

Interestingly Christadelphians are close to the JW beliefs in most areas. The one difference is they reject Satan as a literal person. Their reason is for the same reason that JWs reject the Holy Spirit as a person. For consistency of personification the Christadelphian view is therefore more logical in that regard.

• serendipity
    serendipity

There are also Biblical Unitarians which are an offshoot of "The Way International"

• RR
    RR

Christadelphians also reject heavenly life!

RR

• Carmel
    Carmel

All the other world religions. Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Zoroasterians, Baha'is. Only the Christians have such a concept.

carmel

• PaganCross
    PaganCross

Although I study with the Bible students I think the Christadelphians are quite close to being right other than 1)Pesonality of Satan 2)The Heavenly life.

I am still trying to understand the 1874 of the Bible Students.I am trying not to jump a head to the second volume.(Meat in due season)

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Maybe this is a silly question, but why do you ask? Interestingly enough I realized after I left the JW's that the trinity is not the teaching they claim it to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit