I might be going back to the kingdumb hall !!

by boy@crossroads 15 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I'm thinking about going back to the meetings. Hopefully just sunday meetings for awhile. Not because I want to or that I feel any inward guilt to return. Recently my witness brother and i (i'm inactive btw) have taken in some witness friends. Friends that i still get along with well even though i am inactive.

Financially i am not able at the present time to get my own apartment. for the last year its just been my brother and myself in the house but i'm afraid with these new witnesses in the house it is going to bring more intolerance into an already awkward living arrangement.

I hope to land myself a decent job within the next 4 or 5 months which would allow me to move out. But until then i have to find a way to make these next months bearable.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Question, if they moved into your place knowing you were inactive, why worry about trying to impress them. Take care of yourself, first. How long do you think you can tolerate going to the KH without puking? Better take a barf sack, in case!!

shelley

• carla
    carla

Maybe you could read Blondie's article before the Sunday meetings? Then you could be prepared to drop some seeds into their little brains before they get sucked in. Just a thought.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Oh, I feel your pain, my brother. I haven't been to a meeting since last July, and goddamn does it feel good! But Memorial's coming up. I was forced to move back in with my parents, and let me tell you, I am not looking forward to the "I'm-not-going-to-Memorial" conversation.

• Frog
    Frog

there's got to be another way man? surely, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone in your own house??

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Rather than going to the meetings reading present truths, you can look up past truths - real WTS documents, on the web and do a bible study with them.

I like the ones about Charles Taze Russell sharing the throne with Jesus in the constellation Plaiedes

• hallelujah
  • primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

just be sure to partake at the memorial........ try and get more than one glass of the wine hehehehhehehe

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Do what you have to do. I am in a situation like yours. Do you think you'll start going out in service or anything? I know you are inactive, but just be careful. They will get you any way they can, they are trying with me. How old are you if you don't mind my asking?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Okay, please allow me not to beat around the bush.

If you go back for the reason you've stated... then its more to do with your low self esteem. Just because your financially troubled does not mean you have to be influenced by short sighted cultists. You know its bullshit. Do you really think that going to a masquerade party on a Sunday will help you? These guys will love bomb you with vacuous feelings.

Stand tall my friend. And let them know you can't attend because your busy finding work.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit