Have you ever bit your lip?

by CountryGuy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Okay, this is a strange request, but I'm desperate... I have bit my lip too many times. I bit it for the first time on Sunday and have bitten it about 10 times since!

No matter how careful I am, I keep biting it! And, of course now, it's swelling, which makes it even easier to bite...

Any ideas on what I can do to keep from biting it again?

• jojochan
    jojochan

I have this problem too, I guess maybe because I have an overbite. When I'm so into eating something really good I bite my lips, even the inside of my mouth. I would like to know why as well this happens.

jojochan.

• delilah
    delilah

Yikes, it hurts....I usually put a wrapped, ice pack, or a frozen bag of peas on my lip, to bring the swelling down, and I don't eat anything for a while. Try eating a popsicle as well, to take the swelling down, and be VERY careful. I usually bite the inside of my cheek, and once I do that, I seem to bite it every time I eat something. Hope your lip feels better soon.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I usually bite the inside of my cheek, and once I do that, I seem to bite it every time I eat something.

I do that almost EVERYTIME! It drives me insane almost, why is that? Cus I have an overbite? I dunno...

jojochan.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I tend to bite my tongue if someone makes me laugh when I'm eating. Not coordinated enough to do two things at once I guess. Just grab something cold to suck on to reduce the swelling.

Dams

• delilah
    delilah

I dunno, Jojochan. I have a small overbite, but I've never thought about that being the cause. Could be. I think with me, it's just that i'm not paying attention to what I'm doing, and next thing I know, I've chomped my cheek, or my tongue.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I've been biting my lip for the last 2 hours. My JW mom is making me crazy! We just got into it about my computer activities. She thinks cause I'm on this site someone is going to brake into her computer and do things to it. I guess like demonize it. I wish I could put smurfs on her screensaver! AAARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ***shelley biting tongue and lip, wishing for a bottle of tequilia!!***

shelley

• Gregor
    Gregor

Pop an ice cube in your mouth immediately and hold it on the bite as long as you can, take a break and do it again, etc. (Same thing for burned mouth or kitchen finger burns).

Happening more often? Obviously, once it swells you have to be super conscious of it. But one of the reasons it happens initially is that you may be putting on weight, especially if it goes to your cheeks, (like me).

The good thing is, the mouth heals very fast.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Oh, yeah. When your 15 yrs. old sitting in the meeting and Sister Schwartz cracks an audible fart, try not to bite your lip too hard.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

gregor

thanks for the suggestion. She went to a meeting right now. CO is in town. She'll probably come home babbling more shit. Trust me, I'll be out smoking. Will probably try the ice cube thing. Just took a sleeping pill, actually 2 of them.

shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit