Judah Ben Schroeder

by startingover 32 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

To all you lurkers out there: This boy was raised in the bosom of the Society and what is he doing? He's going to law school. He is pursuing a "worldly" career. This should tell you more than anything else on this board that THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY DOES NOT BELIEVE THAT ARMAGEDDON IS COMING. What they do believe is that they're going to need lawyers -- lots of them -- so they hand-raised one. Now why would "God's organization" need lawyers? Could it be they are expecting people to sue their sorry asses for everything they've done to hurt the members of that organization? Or are they grooming Judah Ben to be the next President of the Society and figure they need someone with more legal expertise than spirituality? Sounds like a money-making corporation to me.

Nina

• Nina
    Nina
    Now why would "God's organization" need lawyers?

To get "the work" legally recognized in countries such as Russia?

To resist various tax-imposing entities who have differing views on what "not for profit" means?

To curtail negative (and thus undeserved) publicity?

To ensure a share in any funding or distributions to be made available through religious organizations?

Think of the examples set by Daniel and the other prophets who negotiated Terms and Conditions with various worldly governments.

Judah Ben Schroeder follows in a noble tradition.

Nina

• james_woods
    james_woods

Besides that, Nina - there is probably very little future in selling (your Daddy-In-Law's) Oldsmobiles any more.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yeah, but any pioneer would make a GREAT used car salesman!

Nina (the other one)

• james_woods
    james_woods

to Both Ninas:

Also let me just say - I have NOTHING against the Oldsmobile. (have owned several and a boat with an olds 455).

NOTHING against Judah Ben either - seemed like a nice kid when I met him years ago. I think he would make a great apostate.

I just thought that it was ironic that this American Icon of a car should meet its demise long before the end of the system of things. Ransome E. Olds was one of the pioneers of the automobile in this country and dates way back to the times of Russell.

But then, there is so much irony about this thread. Like Dominic Dunne says, Power, Privilige, and Justice...

James

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My parents drove across country (Pennsylvania to California) with me in 1962 in one of these:

1959_Chevrolet_Parkwood.jpg (5955 bytes)

I was 7 years old and it was HUGE. And solid too. Not like these fiberglass Tinker Toys we have nowadays. Of course, gas mileage had not been invented yet . . .

Nina

• uninformed
    uninformed

Let me whine.

I had NROTC scholarships to any one 50 universities in 1964, and a senatorial appointment to the Coast Guard Academy and the Merchant Marine Academy.

But, I went to jail for two years instead, and became a bricklayer. Good swap, huh?

Now, Judah Ben is 48, now doubt rich and privileged, and is being groomed in LAW SCHOOL to be the next WT leader. I wonder when he and his wife will start partaking, after all, I am sure Jehovah can't do without them.

Good luck to you Judah, may you lead the WT to Jehovah and Jesus (God's Son--if you forgot).

u

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Damn! Sorry thats the only way to express my thoughts. I knew of some when I was at Bethel that were being sent on the down low to law school but Judah ben, wow.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Cruzinheart, that is (was) a 1959 Chevy. Your mileage may vary.

James

• Nina
    Nina
    that is (was) a 1959 Chevy

Keep in step with "present truth", brother! These days it's an OLDs.

Nina (the other one!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit