If they had the "truth", wouldn't they stop printing new literature?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    They obviously don't have the real truth despite their claims because the real truth is unchanging but theirs is precisely the opposite it always changes it is cheap flimsy, and unstable.

I like the way the "Light of truth" shines on you greendawn.

• Gregor
    Gregor

My final meeting with the Judicial Committee was held in the KH library. near the conclusion I pointed to all the old WT books and bound mags., probably 20 linear feet of shelves, floor to ceiling, and said, "At one time all these were the 'truth', but we don't study them anymore because a lot of what they say has been changed. And don't tell me it's because we're getting 'new light'. If it was the real truth in 1928 it would still be the truth today"

• Chimene
    Chimene
    If it was the real truth in 1928 it would still be the truth today"

Amen to that!

• Gregor
    Gregor

GOOD EXAMPLE

Some of us remember the 'new light' that unequivocly stated that various named Society publications were the actual anti-typical fullfilments of :

1. The 7 Trumpet blasts by Joshua that brought down the walls of Jericho.

2. In Revalation the 'bowls' that were poured out on Babylon the Great

Once, near the begining of the summer conventions the Society hype machine was getting every body all goosebumpy over the impending release of a bombshell .

I'll never forget what it was. A Resolution that essentially warned all non-JWs..."OK, this is it! No more Mr. Nice Guy! You better shit or get off the pot! We're not fooling around this time!"

It was printed on the four sides of a piece of really cheap newsprint. We had to fold them. You would think such an important warning should at least be on the same quality of paper as the Watchtower.

• Clam
    Clam

Sometimes they simply can't make their mind up, so they must keep publishing:

"The men of Sodom will be resurrected." (Watchtower 7/1879, p. 8).

The men of Sodom will not be resurrected." (WT, 6/1/1952, 338).

"The men of Sodom will be resurrected." (WT, 8/1/1965, p. 479).

"The men of Sodom will not be resurrected." (WT, 6/1/1988, p.,31).

The men of Sodom. will be resurrected." (You Can Live 'Forever on Paradise-On Earth early editions,p.179).

"Men of Sodom will not be resurrected." (You Can Live 'Forever on Paradise-On Earth- later editions, p. 179).

"The men of Sodom will be resurrected." (Insight On The Scriptures, Vol. p. 985).

"The men of Sodom will -not, be resurrected." (Revelation Its Grand Climax At Hand, p. 273).

D'OH - What is to be the fate of the Men of Sodom? Some would say sod 'em.

• rootofallevil
    rootofallevil

Legolas,

Excellent scripture!!

For those wondering where it is in the Bible: Ecclesiastes 12:12

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They have to keep printing watchtowers for the study

They have to keep printing the kms because that's where most of the fund raising appeals are

They have to print a new book every so often for the book study

I f they stopped printing, they could cut the meetings from 5 a week to 2

Anyway, they never actually print anything new, it's all recycled bs from older publications

• M.J.
    M.J.
    "The men of Sodom will be resurrected." (Watchtower 7/1879, p. 8).

The men of Sodom will not be resurrected." (WT, 6/1/1952, 338).

"The men of Sodom will be resurrected." (WT, 8/1/1965, p. 479).

"The men of Sodom will not be resurrected." (WT, 6/1/1988, p.,31).

The men of Sodom. will be resurrected." (You Can Live 'Forever on Paradise-On Earth early editions,p.179).

"Men of Sodom will not be resurrected." (You Can Live 'Forever on Paradise-On Earth- later editions, p. 179).

"The men of Sodom will be resurrected." (Insight On The Scriptures, Vol. p. 985).

"The men of Sodom will -not, be resurrected." (Revelation Its Grand Climax At Hand, p. 273).

Sheesh, a simple "we don't know" would be just fine! But of course as the self-appointed FDS they gotta at least ACT like they know.

• JH
    JH

They don't mention the women of Sodom Maybe they will be resurrected, well, maybe not

• Clam
    Clam

Yes forgot about them. I think they just did the catering so they should be ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit