Pinch me! Is it a dream or what?

by AK - Jeff 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Some here may recall my relating of loosing my cousin due to shunning. He and I were 'best friends' for 35 years or so, and in the past year he has not spoken or contacted me, though I have made several attempts at this.

This week, a common friend of ours, a witness brother in my former hall died. It has been awkard for me to know what to do, since all the 'friends' shun me now. Of course no one called to let us know, but we found out thru another former witness who called wifey.

To cut to the chase: Last evening my cousin calls, and we talked on the phone for half an hour, alledgedly to let me know about Bill passing away. [the organization did not come up]. Then lo' and behold, he says we should get together and visit today at the site of a small buisness he has opened in a small town. [I think he may have chosen this as an opportunity to see me away from his wife, whom I suspect of intercepting some of my correspondence to him]. Anyway, I am leaving in a few minutes to meet him. It might be interesting. Wifey suggested he might just want to use the opportunity to try and invite me to the Memorial. Who knows.

I had resigned myself to the termination of our friendship - I certainly did not expect him to make the first move toward a reconciliation. I am not getting my hopes up too high - and of course our relationship can never be what it was if he prevents it from being honest and open. We might find that the 'truth' was all we ever had in common anyway, and we may just go our own ways. But at least this is an opportunity to at least part amicably if that is what he does. I will not press anything about the 'truth of the truth' unless he asks me to. We'll just see where this goes.

Wanted to share.

Jeff

• Scully
    Scully

Hope it goes well, Jeff!

• Legolas
    Legolas

I hope it goes well.

• trevor
    trevor

AK - Jeff

I hope you can stay friends. Try not to bring up blood!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

ak-Jeff

Keep us posted

Dismembered

• gumby
    gumby

I think you may be right in him wanting to meet you out of town since he won't bee seen by other dubs socializing with you. Your wife might be right about the Memorial, but I think it might be more.

I'm guessing he's wanting to talk to you about WHY you left the truth and he wants to encourage you back. He knows it is not his place to do this but feels he can reach you better than elders can since you and him were so close.

Gumpsycic

• snarf
    snarf

Every relationship starts , or restarts, somewhere. Hope it all goes well.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I hope it goes well today, Jeff. Please let us know what happens.

• Clam
    Clam

Interesting Jeff. Please give us the next installmant as soon as you can.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Wifey suggested he might just want to use the opportunity to try and invite me to the Memorial. Who knows.

Wouldn`t surprise me one bit. When my mother died (JW, but inactive for the last ten years), we buried her in a regular church. But what do you know, the most fanatic JW of the hall crashed the funeral to preach! I couod have knocked him down right then and there. Moral of the story: To JWs, a death and a funeral is nothing more than an opportunity to put in a couple of hours on the report card. They are the definition of sickness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit