Do you follow you own advice?

by Golf 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ellie
    Ellie

On some things yes, on others no way

• wombat
    wombat

Sometimes there is no need to give advice.

It can be very flattering when another asks your for advice. If your ego takes over you may feel compelled to pontificate beyond your capabilities.

Most times (not all) it may be better to encourage that person to just talk. Given time to talk it over with someone without an agenda, they will arrive at their own answers.

Also, I don't feel that it is hypocritical for a person with a heavy addiction, for example, to advise another to stay away from a potential problem. So long as they admit to their own problem.

• Golf
    Golf

Wombat, the odest of my six family members will 43 this year. When they all became of age, they never 'heard' from me again. They all have their own lives and solve their own problems. I have grey hair but it didn't come from them.

Golf

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    It can be very flattering when another asks your for advice.
    Excuse me wombat, it's 3.32am and I have a big day comming up, do you think I should go to bed?...
    Mar 6, 2006
    I have grey hair but it didn't come from them.
    I should think not! I mean, raiding a kids piggy bank is one thing ..
  • wombat
    wombat

Unclebruce....We just can't stop thinking about that club scene can we? It's a bugger living in the bush.

Golf..You've got a PM.

• Golf
    Golf

In case someone miss understands, when my kids became of age I never gave them advice, rather commands again, I didn't have to.

My wife gave me grey hair!!!!! When I give her advice she tells me to go and shove it!!!! (Pun intended)

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit