What do you think the Watchtower is most afraid of?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Lawsuits? Internet? Higher education?

Youngsters not following in the footsteps of their JW parents?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JWs not being OBEDIENT to the WTS.

• KW13
    KW13

Honesty.

The truth about the truth.

People getting free.

Real Happiness.

Non-JW's

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

I think the watchtower is really not afraid of anything but their version of god. They are so confident and self assured in themselves do they really fear anything - they can do no wrong - they are put there by god himself. Sigh - Jonathan

• KW13
    KW13

See i would of thought that in the Society, a few know what is really going on. Below that its people that just stumble across something and realise. Their eyes are opened!

• carla
    carla

Education. In a college they would learn how to research topics. This may lead them to research the wt which of course would lead them to eventually leaving the org. There is now way a jw could really research the history and come out believing they are led by God. Not if they cared more about truth than protecting the org.

The internet is another thing they are afraid of. My jw was quite proud that he could add comments at a meeting about the internet and even knew a few 'apostate' names (Randy) that gave him a kick I think. Here he has this wife with a heart of an apostate who reads all that 'crap' and believes all the evil lies!

• blondie
    blondie

The money drying up!

• juni
    juni

THE REAL TRUTH COMING OUT

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

True, unbridled happiness.

It's like American satirist H.L. Mencken said about the Puritans:

"A [JW] is a person who is haunted by the fear that somewhere, somehow, someone is having a good time."

-Becka :)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Please define "watchtower" JH

If you mean the power behind the throne - outside legal firms, then I'm with blondie.

If you mean the GB - very little except death (with fear in their eyes and doubt in their heart).

If you mean those running the show - a myriad of things.

If you mean the magazine - that's silly, it's an inanimate object.

unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit