How have you coped since leaving?

by SickofLies 28 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I don't know what to believe anymore. I do know that I want nothing to do with organized religion.

ditto.. i didnt do the drink drugs rock n roll thing because i didnt not do that just because i was jw ..i didnt do it because i didnt want to...still don't apart from the rock n roll......thats how i cope

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I don't know about you guy's but reading all these sincere experiences has helped me cope, know that I'm not the only one who wishes they could just have a normal family life and be able to talk to our loved ones. Its horrible what this cult has done, tear up families, destroy lives and then act like all of this is 'God's will' is just disgusting. We I see what you guy's have written it obvious none of you are bad people as the society suggests, but rather we are all just suffering from the effects of a dangerous and controling cult. The reason why the society cannot allow others to talk to people like us is their whole organization would fall apart in no time. I hope everyone continues to be strong and I hope I get the chance to actually meet some of you sometime.

~SoL

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I don't know what to believe anymore. I do know that I want nothing to do with organized religion.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm against "Churchanity".

• lowden
    lowden

Hmmm....I joined the gym and then filled my life with learning to be and graduating as a YMCA Personal Trainer. But do any of us REALLY cope as we would like to? When JWs walk past you in the street and look at you like you're shit. Most of the time it doesn't get to me, but from time to time it does. I only truly miss one person.....sweet Jenny.

Peace

Lowden

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll Baby!!!!!!

• shark attack
    shark attack

DRINK AND DRUGS HELP AND LOOSE WOMEN.

• Brigid
    Brigid

The first thing I did was get my daughter and I into therapy.

I let go or am in the process of letting go of all of my fears (soon, I am overcoming my last hurdle and coming out to my family still in then posting my picture here).

No reading subject or potential experience is off-limits to me for at least consideration. I question everything. Very wary of potential cults or cult-like experiences.

I have delved into esoteric studies.

Blessings to you on your journey. I love that you are obtaining an education, discovering the nature of the Universe from a scientific point of view.

~Brigid

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

i had a hard time at first but then i finally got on to this site and realised there are plenty people with the same thoughts and feelings as myself , when you can laugh at the stupid things we listened to it puts it all back in perspective, i think its very common to not want to be involved with organized religion, i think many of us loved jesus , and when we didnt feel the love we expected it put us off religion in general, i still love jesus even if all the evidence said he wasn't a real person , i love the idea of of him , i think its only natural to want to live in peace , and to share the thought .

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You're certainly not alone, as you've just found out!

I'm having a rare old time - career, study, new friends, enjoying life, less judgementalism

I have to contest dabatgaly's comment regarding my own case. Jesus never really figured much in my JW life - for me he became the reason I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit