Cheap Looking Bibles

by annalice 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Oh the green bible, I can't think of anything that could look more tacky than they did.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Could someone post a picture of the new bible? I can't imagine a bible without a leather cover.

That green bible was absolutely awful. I always felt so ashamed pulling it out of my bag back in the 1970's and having a householder make a comment about it.

HappyDad

• Honesty
    Honesty
    That green bible was absolutely awful. I always felt so ashamed pulling it out of my bag back in the 1970's and having a householder make a comment about it. HappyDad

That green bible was really black. Oh wait... it was really a black bible the Wacktower said is green.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes this is the standard bible now -announced about 6 months ago

• VM44
    VM44

"And what about those awkward titles, "Life everlasting in freedom of the sons of God". Catchy, huh? Didn't exactly roll off the tongue."

That has to be the winner of the strangest title ever for a Watchtower book. I believe it was written by Fred Franz.

--VM44

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Oh the green bible, I can't think of anything that could look more tacky than they did.

I'm gonna have to look in my JW relatives library and see if I can find one of these "green" bibles.

I guess there really is some truth to them being once called the "green bible" people.

• VM44
    VM44

Nathan Knorr while president of the WTBTS improved the quality of the publications greatly. Knorr absolutly wanted all study books to be hardbacks, and would never have permitted paperback versions to be printed.

Times have certainly changed things!

--VM44

• Dune
    Dune

I think they're still making hard covers but they are only for baptized witnesses.

Its funny how the WTBS are cutting all of these corners with the Monthly Awake and the cheap bibles but they are still a billion dollar company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit