NO Kingdom Halls rebuilt or repaired in NOLA - 6 months after Katrina?

by sir82 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nina
    Nina

Maybe this is why WT asked that donations be made to the worldwide work and not to Katrina relief?

Nina

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

unfortunately my father is the presideing overseer in a cong bout' eight hours from New Orleans. he has been makeing trips back and forth to the area to assist with rebuilding houses. ALWAYS makes a point to say that s*&^ to me everytime we talk. guess he thinks it will motivate me to go back. he hasnt said a thing about working on kingdom halls tho. amazing how he can say all sorts of evil things about the red cross and other orginazations who help everyone without discrimination but only the WTBS's work seems to matter. YEAH RIGHT,

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have heard the same thing from fellow elders who would know.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

It makes me wonder what the Yearbook will say. If 7,000 publishers end up missing, will it be reflected in the numbers or will they somehow "magically" make it a wash?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And didn't the Society trumpet to their members about how "well organized" their relief efforts were, how they went the extra mile to locate Witnesses and get them to safety and shelter? Um, guess they forgot to take down people's NAMES in the process . . . Sounds like they're as organized as FEMA.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit