Tremendous changes in a short time.....

by AK - Jeff 23 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Sadly, Severus is right. The main body of Witness- zombies will not awaken to reality.

Even more sadly, their personal problems will all intensify as the Watchtower keeps whipping them with guilt - and withdrawing

support for their tired subculture. You will see suicide, depression, family breakdown, chronic auto immune disease, and every other

side effect of this cold hearted cult get worse. It's not going to be pretty.

metatron

• willyloman
    willyloman
    It's not going to be pretty.

Right. For example, see the recent post on the April 15 WT study article...

• sir82
    sir82
    You will see suicide, depression, family breakdown, chronic auto immune disease, and every other

side effect of this cold hearted cult get worse. It's not going to be pretty.

And it will all be blamed on "Satan", "persecution", and be seen as a sign that the end has to be "real soon now". So just hang on a little longer....

...and the vicious cycle continues.

• Tristram
    Tristram

From the inside: Some of the R & F are actually excited about the paperback bible! Like it is some amazing new provision!

• RR
    RR
    Those of us in the apostate circles may not realize just how the total impact might be on the flock. They are being hit with changes at a pace they have not ever experienced.

Not really, the worst hit was in the 1920s and 30s, after Russell died, the Judge began making changes immediately, writing at least 3 books a year (not to mention the Watchtower and other booklkets and papers) each one contradicted the previous release. There were so many changes, even the Judge couldn't keep up.

The rank and file don't read, they don't study, they don't even think for that matter, they just obey. Those who DO think, find their way out, the rest like mindless drones keep the (b)org. alive.

Keep in mind these chnages do not affect the rank and file as they are organizational changes and not so much doctrinal changes.

RR

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Is the only change in the bible with the cover, or has there been 'new light' on some of the writings as well?

• metatron
    metatron

Dear sir or madam

it's a real cheap book

cut rate Word of God, will you take a look

printed so our cash flow's in the clear

and we save expense

so we gotta have a paperback Bible

paperback Bible.

sung to "Paperback Writer"

metatron

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Seriously, what publishers out there make paperback bibles? And how many people flip through their bibles as much as the dubs?

What really gets me is that the bible is supposed to be viewed as the sacred word of god. Shouldn't a bible be made to look somewhat valuable? That's why I liked the soft cover NWT bibles. They had the gold printing on the edge, the bookmark, the leathery feel of the cover (not sure if it was real leather) and the gold printing that said "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures".

A paperback bible is going to make the whole package look cheap. God's word isn't good enough to have good packaging. The pride that JWs took in their bible will go down the shitter. At least I know it would have for me.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I always feel like a reverse dub with this stuff, always watching for signs of the end, the end of the WBTS that is.

From what I can see of my family, the changes tend to disturb them, which in turn makes them sort of hunker down and become even more closed off. The disturbing stuff keeps piling up and their response is to just basically force themselves to not think about it at all, just tune it out and I can almost hear them chanting under their breath, "just hold on, just hold on, just a little longer".

• willyloman
    willyloman

Metatron gets a 'G' for good use of illustrations. Here's more from Paperback Writer:

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few,
    I'll be writing more in a week or two.
    I can make it longer if you like the style,
    I can change it round and I want to be a paperback [bible],
    paperback [bible].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit