I thought I had the truth for 26 years..here is a list of reasons.
1. They use the bible more that other religions.
2. They don't believe Jesus as God, when most do.
3. They are careful not to do things with pagan roots.
4. They teach against a burning hell and are alone in thinking the dead are conscience of nothing at all.
5. They believe in new earth and ressurection on to it.
6. They believe the soul and the spirit are 2 separate things.
7. They alone believe the spirit is without personality.
8. They can explain about the ransom of Christ and how he bought us back from sin and death.
9. They have a reasonable explanation to why God permitted suffering.
10. Even though their prophesies are wrong they try to figure them out. Most other religions ignor Rev. and Dan.
11. They teach the kingdom is a real government with a group along with Jesus that will serve as kings and priests. Most teach the kingdom is only in their hearts.
12. They pretend they don't think of the brothers as leaders, (but they do)
So why did I leave..? Because to me they've gotten corrupt. They shouldn't have a governing body that orders people what to believe. Having them have this governing body makes themselves an idol. They are never sorry for what they've done to people's lives. And their secrecy is another play for power. They do not have a clue how the end will work out, as they are using tired old prophesies. Haven't had any new light that has been encouraging to keep them strong in literally ages.. I think God has left them.