What do you say in response to this???????

by cr1234 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• M.J.
    M.J.

Should finding truth be a process of elimination? To quote CYP on this, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement!

The fallacy in this type of reasoning is this.

Rule 1: The WTS provides a version of "Truth" that is unique.

Rule 2: You must become completely convinced that their version of reality is Truth.

Rule 3: If you doubt that the WTS is the sole provider of "Truth", see Rule 1

You can look into Christadelphian beliefs, Bible Student beliefs, Armstrong sect beleifs to expand the person's awareness, however.

• marked man
    marked man

Hello All, I am a former JW, and would have sworn by anything printed in a Awake or Watchtower Mag. However the bible does not speak of 1 true religion. We are are saved by the grace of God. Anyone who accepts Christ as his lord and savior will be saved is why the Bible says. It never stressed 1 true religion, just faith or belief. JW put too much focus on small issues. The main thing we were to get was to understand the ransom sacrafice, and how it applies in our life. JW usees this as mind control, but Ive found out that my faith has gotton stronger now that Ive disected things for myself, instead of follwing what the society prints, pray on the issue. I know more now than I ever knew about God. I dont feel that most JW's can have a personal relationship with God. The GB takes the place of Christ, and that was my problem. Also the NWT is printed to back there doctrines and beliefs.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome, marked man! I DA'd myself in December 2005. Feel free to post to your heart's content.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Salvation lie within.

This statement alone stands for itself. The scriptures say there is one faith and one baptism. The one faith is in Christ not a church. Now there are many religions who teach that Christ alone is the salvation of man. It is good to attend church I think because it is a place to worship and to learn about Jesus but is not detrimental for salvation. Excepting the Christ as your personal saviour is vital for salvation.

People tend to think that being christian is to be perfect but in reality to be human is to be imperfect. No matter what church you will find imperfect people but they love Jesus who is the light of true faith and not a religion. You find this faith in your own heart and not in a religion. The problem with the JW faith and others alike are the fact that they want you to put your faith in them rather than in the true faith which is in Christ.

Good luck with your friend and I hope that this person has a open heart to search for that inner peace.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

When do jws worship? They go to 5 meetings a week...none of which is a worship service. They listen to talks and study. Neither of these things equal worship.

Coffee

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

great topic.

I had to answer this question this past weekend and I don't think I answered it as great as I wanted to. thanks for the ideas here. you guys gave me so many great responses.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A common enough J W response . Certainly one that I get often enough, " OK so what do your apostate friends come up with as to the answers then? All you can do is tear down our beliefs with nothing to say better"

It is taken from Peter's words, "Lord who could we go away to, you have the sayings of everlasting life"...

When used by the Witnesses it conveniently leaves out the idea that all belief must be the truth, or it is falsehood, I say that one does not always have to know what is right in order to identify something as being obviously wrong.

The sites that talk about logical reasoning describe a type of fallacy "The Appeal to Consequence's of disbelief" that goes something like , " if I do not believe then I will be afraid and then I will be unhappy, so I will keep believing..."

• cosmic
    cosmic

Between the two choices: 2+2=5 or 2+2=6, which is better? They are both wrong, but the first one is "closer" to the truth(?). Would you want to live in a building architected with math based upon either of those?

• blondie
    blondie

Think of this way, do you wait for another ship to come along before you get off the one that is sinking?

If the ship is going down, get off.

(Revelation 18:4)And I heard another voice out of heaven say: "Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

Where in this scripture does it say they should wait to find somePLACE else to go before the leave the falsehood?

Jesus did not ask WHERE they were going to go to. but was asking if they wanted to leave him. Simon asked whom not WHERE they would go to. So people who leave the WTS are not leaving Jesus but leaving a group that dishonors Jesus and follow after men (GB/FDS).

(John 6:67-68) 67
    Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: "YOU do not want to go also, do YOU?" 68 Simon Peter answered him: "Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life;
  • codeblue
    codeblue

Jesus said when 2 or 3 are gathered in my name........

That's all we need.

I might have got baptized in 1975 but it surely wasn't to a religion. It was to be a footstep follower of Jesus.

IF the Jews as a nations lost favor with God.........any group can.

It's our personal relationship with him that counts..........NOT a group or Where should I go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit