Cults, Crisis, Concision

by RichieRich 27 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

So this month (March) I promised my mother that I would auxillary pioneer with her.

{that's 50 hours in field service, FYI}

I was supposed to turn in my application tonight, but alas, I forgot it.

My mother asked me had I turned it in.

I told her I forgot.

She began screaming and crying. Babbling on about me lying, loving / not loving Jehovah, all because of this damn application.

I was upset, because I love my mother, and try not to cause her any more pain than I have to.

But to see her work herself up, and begin to inflict herself with pain, that hurt me.

Because I see both sides. I see the people who think they have an honest chance at Paradise earth. And I see the people who had everything taken away from them, so that others can still earn their eternal life in Paradise.

Sometimes, we forget what we're fighting for. And when we forget, our fight becomes all the more weaker.

Thats why we must never forget.

Apostates can not be apathetic. Our war is too fierce, and we all are sleeping on the battlefront every night.

If you're lurking, stop. Create a username, and post. Tell us who you are. Join the ranks. Stop my mother from crying. I can't take it.

Now you're probably sitting there thinking to yourself "Man, this is deep coming from a 17 year old."

Well, you're right. It is deep. A metaphorical and lyrical representation of the deep shit that we are all in with our families, our friends, and our Big Brothers at Bethel.

But the fat lady hasn't sung yet. She's still crying because I forgot a sheet of paper.

That's rough. But that's real.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Amen brother!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

In my congo, I signed up late to aux

but they were happy to get it anyway......and I did make the hours.

I always wondered why you had to sign up.........

can't you just do the hours?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

nah the hours and numbers are all the WTBS gives a crap about. gives there false claims of "were the only world wide organization who preach" support and pretend legitmacy. grrrrrrrrrrrrr beeeeeeeeestardssssssssss

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I always wondered why you had to sign up.........

according to my congregation secretary, its because you can't put promises in an envelope and ship them to Brooklyn.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    She began screaming and crying. Babbling on about me lying, loving / not loving Jehovah, all because of this damn application.

(((((Richie))))) I am so sorry . She reminds me of my own mother.

I beat myself up for years, thinking I wasn't good enough until I finally realized that my mother has a mental problem and it has nothing to do with me. It's almost as if they are junkies and legalistic religion is their drug of choice.

I really admire you for taking such a stand at such a young age - it took me 30 years. I wish I could introduce you to my JW step-daughter.

Apostates can not be apathetic.; Our war is too fierce, and we all are sleeping on the battlefront every night.
    Truer words have never been spoken. People are dying, pedophiles are going free and families are being torn apart. If that's not worth fighting for, I don't know what is.
  • startingover
    startingover

Richie,

You have amazed me for some time but this time you just blew me away, in fact you gave me chills. I just got through having a conversation with my wife and I can totally relate to what you are saying. I try to keep myself from having a label that would require all my long time friends and family from not having anything to do with me, hoping that someday I will be able to reach them. After tonights conversation I am about ready to give it all up.

Damn I hate that religion.

• Odrade
    Odrade

::: Apostates can not be apathetic. Our war is too fierce, and we all are sleeping on the battlefront every night.
    I agree.

• dark hunter
    dark hunter

Rich, I am so sorry that such guilt is being heaped on you at such a young age. I've been there, done that. When I was 17 the p.o. of the cong was related to me and everything I did was never good enough. The sad part is, I was a good girl but the constant condemnation was painful and overwhelming. I found myself doing anything to please them, equating their disappointment with Jehovah's view of me. I'm in my thirties now, I'm happier than I've ever been, I'm a Christian and now I know that humans are accepted and loved more than we can imagine. I am so sorry about your mom - my JW family has called me many names for leaving what they believe is true and as much as that hurts, I never stop praying for their freedom and happiness, I hope the same for you and your mom. In the mean time, hold your head up high, you are a good person, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome dark hunter(are you named for the book series?)

I empathise, Richie. I hurt when my mom feels pain over me too. At least we know it's not BECAUSE of us...it's because of THEM, sitting up there in their tower of lies.

alt

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit