Hilarious comment made at work today about JWs

by Jez 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

This old wrinkled little gray haired man about age 65, said in the staff room:

"JWs came to my house on the weekend, so I opened the door, grabbed my coat and said, "I CAN'T TALK, I just found out my wife is giving birth at this very moment!!!" Then I slammed the door, and fell on the floor laughing to myself."

Jez

• damselfly
    damselfly

LOL that's funny.

My boyfriend heard the JW at his work making fun of another coworker for "being religious"! Can you believe that!? He came home and said " Aren't JW's the most religious people ever!?"

Dams

• Sirona
    Sirona

LOL that is funny!

I'm reminded of an awkward moment at work today. I work with about three devout Christians and this morning it just so happened that we were having a cooked breakfast at work (english breakfast) ,.... well the Christians said they couldn't eat the meat because its Ash Wednesday.

I said "well I'm eating meat because I'm a heathen"

Now normally, people would laugh at this, but I got "oh? what do you mean? are you heathen?"

(I'm pagan...so I didn't know which way to go at this point)

I reply "erm....well I'm not Christian thats what I mean"

Them: "so you're religious? but not christian?" (disbelief in their faces)

me: "yes, I have beliefs, but I'm not Christian"

Lets say I'm not the most popular person .... :P

Sirona

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Sirona

Dont let them victimise you on account of your religious beliefs...or lack of even...

As much as I am smiling however I am dealing with a case at the moment which involves a Christian complaining that people criticised and made fun of her beliefs in the workplace....its not altogether different in your case is it?

The world has gone mad!

Db74

• aniron
    aniron
    well the Christians said they couldn't eat the meat because its Ash Wednesday.

You should have asked them on what scriptural basis was that.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Now normally, people would laugh at this, but I got "oh? what do you mean? are you heathen?"

oh pleeeze.... those so-called "christians" need to get out more, or just lighten up.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Lets say I'm not the most popular person .... :P

Sirona

You are popular with us.

What's the deal about no meat on Ash Wednesday?

We had spaghetti at our Wednesday church dinner this afternoon and it was full of meat.

I guess that makes us pagans too. The dubs call us pagans so it must be so.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    well the Christians said they couldn't eat the meat because its Ash Wednesday.

That's a CATHOLIC thing, not a Christian thing. I'm Christian and I ate meat today.

And for the record, I would have laughed at your heathen comment. Some people take themselves way too seriously.

We had spaghetti at our Wednesday church dinner this afternoon and it was full of meat.

Our church cafe was serving several meat dishes today also.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hey! Where are these church cafes? Do they serve good food?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Would that be 99cent McLuthern Church burgers?

caveman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit