Old Light!

by Deputy Dog 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

The JWs just walked away from my front door, while I'm sitting here on JWD. My wife is home, sick from work so I didn't answer the door. The funny thing is, they left the October 1, 2004 Watchtower. Why not leave something current? They love to tell people how they need to come to meetings to stay on top of things, yet they leave me a 2 year old Mag.

D Dog

• Legolas
    Legolas

Did they know you were witnesses once? (If you were)

We were told to leave old mags or tracts at homes after the third time of trying to get them!

I guess 'not at homes' are not worthy of 'new news'!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Just a question, does a dub get credit for placing old literature??

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Just a question, does a dub get credit for placing old literature??

It just adds to your placement amount...If that's what you mean!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Leg

No, I never was a witness (did study for about 4 years though). About 6 years ago I asked them in and just happened to have a copy of "The Time Is At Hand". I told them Jesus said you would be coming, and asked them to look up Luke 21:8

Luke 21:8

He said, "Watch out that you don't get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I AM,' and, 'The time is at hand.' Therefore don't follow them.

Then I asked them about page 101.

They literally ran off of my porch.

D Dog

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

The latest (current) policy is to leave an older copy of the Watchtower or Awake at consistent Non At Homes. It used to be that a tract was left but the amount of older magazines started to pile up so they are allowing these mags to be placed. Yes they get credit for each mag that the placed.

• blondie
    blondie
    Yes they get credit for each mag that the placed.

The practice of some service overseers who are behind in having territory worked, is to have the rank and file put old magazines in the doors without even knocking (they reach more doors that way). Thus they kill 2 birds with one stone, when the CO comes, it looks like the territory is being worked at least every 12 months, and those magazines get out of those closets.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

blondie

Sounds like they are putting their trash out, at my door.

D Dog

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

The concensus was to leave old magazines. They said "the information contained in them is still beneficial and current." Though, as I was always behind and seemed to have tons of magazines, I would leave the current issues in the door. After those were all gone I would then leave the older ones. It was quite amazing because about six to eight months ago, when I had decided that I had finally had enough, I burned all of the old magazines that I had. The fire burned for three whole days. I guess I didn't place enough. Should have kept them for winter and saved them for fire wood. Then they would have actually been beneficial!

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Deputy Dog,

I love trick you played. I took a picture of The Time is at Hand with Luke 21:8 in the background and showed a witness, they almost puked.

If I can ever figure out how to post a picture I'll upload it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit