Do you have a nice hand writing?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I have terrible handwriting...plus I am left handed and smudge everything LOL

Thank God for computers !!!

• jojochan
    jojochan

NO...I really envy those that do have nice penmanship. I was always told I had an "ax-murderers" handwriting.'

jojochan.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Women have often been impressed. They're usually the first to bring it up. I, too, am left handed, which seems to doubly throw them for a loop.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Why do doctors have such a lousy hand writting?

They have a special class in med school for it.

I'm left-handed and so was my mother. She taught me to write like a right-handed person, though sometimes it does slant a bit to the left when I'm in a hurry. At least, I don't hafta curl my arm into a pretzel to write.

• Scully
    Scully

Yes, I do. I still have to do a lot my documentation at work in writing, so I want it to be easy to read, and even pleasant to read. It takes so much extra time and frustration to try to decipher another colleague's bad handwriting - because we do what's called "charting by exception" (recording only significantly abnormal findings) what people write in their progress notes is critical to patient care and follow-up on the next shift(s). If you can't read the last person's notes, and the patient is really ill, then you have to start the process all over again, and perhaps delay the patient's getting treated in a timely fashion.

JH, not ALL doctors have bad handwriting. I know some who have exceptional penmanship (I wanted to kiss them!!) and it makes processing orders so much easier when they are clear and easy to read. Did you know that there are penmanship workshops for doctors that address why it is so important to them - from a legal perspective - to have legible handwriting?

Some hospitals have pre-printed orders for whatever procedures that are being done on any given patient. It makes it easier for the doctors and staff, because the doctor just has to check which medications and procedures are being ordered and put their signature at the bottom.

As for prescriptions that you get at the doctor's office, there is a "secret code" that is used for writing prescriptions that doctors, nurses and pharmacists learn. Maybe that's why you can't read some of it.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    plus I am left handed and smudge everything LOL

Gawd, I hate when that happens

usually I would have to turn the paper on its side to write without twisting my hand.

Oh well..we're cool like that.

jojochan.

• delilah
    delilah

Wow, seems to be a lot of lefties out there! I'm a leftie as well, and I've been told that my penmanship is quite nice. Unless I'm in a hurry. My nanna had beautiful writing, and I always tried to write like she did.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no my handwriting is absolutely awful

• kid-A
    kid-A

No, and I blame it on my left handedness, mainly because learning to write as a child I was constantly preoccupied with smudging the ink on the page rather than learning proper motor control. But really, the days of ink and pencil are rapidly ending, so Im not too worried about it.

• startingover
    startingover

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but where I live, they no longer teach it in school. I have a couple of teenagers in my family that have a real hard time reading cursive, and they are 4.0 students. In fact they can hardly read it at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit