WHO HAS READ C.O.C.? WHAT WAS AN EYE OPENER FOR YOU?

by juni 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Oh yes! That's what you call a 'good read'. It confirmed everything I had suspected about the WTBTS since being a young child, that at it's core it was evil. By half way through it, I was Free as a Bird!

Thanks, Ray!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    WHAT WAS AN EYE OPENER FOR YOU?

All of it!

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

The lid needs to be blown off this obsessively secretive organisation. And Ray has done a sterling job in doing just that. Reading this book one begins to realize that WTism is'nt actually a religion. It's an instrument of power weilded by a covert and stealthy group of men who, with their flunkies, have deceived the innocent into a monstrous subjection.

The policies they pursue, and the demands they exact, are not based on "biblical principles" but on expediency and the maintenance of their authority.

I think COC should be made required reading for every JW and ex-JW

Cheers

• juni
    juni

Thanks guys for your observations!

As I read through them it was very obvious that these could all be printed on the book jacket as what to expect from the book.

I read until 3AM this morning and am almost done w/the book. HAVE to finish it.

Another point. Didn't the Potsinger (sp?) person who was in a Nazi camp act like his captors minus the physical harm towards Franz and the others? You'd think he would've been more reasonable. But of course he wanted to maintain his status at the top. What a b******. Like the rest.

Juni (have to get some more sleep now)

• TopHat
    TopHat

The Malawi/Mexico issue touched me deeply and I cried and cried for the Malawi vitims of the WTBTS.....one other story that I will always remember is the one where the two Irish pioneer brothers made a trip to the USA to talk with a Governing Body member and was treated as though they were demonized apostates.

• juni
    juni

Yes Tophat.

I finished the book and read about that also. They had to be in deep despair! Can you imagine. They must've felt like they had just got a blow in the stomach!

So rude and haughty, unloving and cruel. And these men are at the top of "Jehovah God's channel" for all mankind. I'd receive better treatment from the local McDonald's fast food chain!!!!!

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts. We were all in the same "boat" at some time, but we can survive such lies and go on as unbittered people too.

Juni :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit