Sexual or spiritual pleasure?

by greendawn 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• greendawn
    greendawn

I always wondered in my life is it better to gratify sexual excitation or divert it away from its goals of gratification and use it to develop culture or expand awareness (knowledge) in areas of interest? Or is it too frustrating to do that?

Or is there no value in the belief that denied physical pleasure takes the form of a deeper, more sustained and profitable in the long term spiritual pleasure?

• kid-A
    kid-A

I always wondered in my life is it better to gratify sexual excitation or divert it away from its goals of gratification

Dont wonder about it too long or things will start falling off.....

• serendipity
    serendipity
    denied physical pleasure takes the form of a deeper, more sustained and profitable in the long term spiritual pleasure?

It hasn't for me. Your mileage may vary.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Good God man!! Get hold of yourself!

I think it was Hugh Hefner who once said "One must deny the body in order to realize true spirituality" That was just before he said "Who gives a shit about spirituality?"

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

ummmmm I think you can have both

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

In my view both are entirely seperate but can be both enjoyed at the same time; I see little point in trying to seperate one at the expense of another.

DB74 (of the 'I want it all' class)

• upside/down
    upside/down

I pursued "spiritual" for 40 years...got NO satisfaction.

I'll stick with sex...it's here...it's now...it's real.

And besides that it makes me feel good... I actually think it's the most real "spiritual" thing there is.

Does that make sense?

u/d

• ballistic
    ballistic

hmmm, they bear no relevance to each other in my mind.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ballistic,

touche'. You nailed it, as usual.

• proplog2
    proplog2

It is the existential dilemma of what do you do with your time. Sex without variety is boring. Sex with variety becomes very time consuming.

Spirituality is something you do before you eat and after sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit