Sexual or spiritual pleasure?

by greendawn 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Chimene
    Chimene

With the right person, you will have both

• gumby
    gumby
    I always wondered in my life is it better to gratify sexual excitation or divert it away from its goals of gratification and use it to develop culture or expand awareness

Why couldn't you be layin on a woman and be expandin your awareness at the same time?

How bout developing your culture from say....oh, 9-5, then eat dinner, then go to bed and hump like a rabbit? I'm with Purplesofa....I'm thinking you can have both....... the same as you can eat and expand your awareness or develop your culture....the same as you can still sleep and expand your culture. Who wants to think or do the same thing 24 hours a day?

Me thinks Greendawn limits himself too much of the time

Gumby

• prophecor
    prophecor

Denial of the self, in it's purest form, affords one the opportunity to forge thought and skills, such as in problem solving that can often go ignored when one has their focus and energies directed in satisfying their sexual urges. Thoughts and ideas have a way of being transcended through channeling the desire for sex into physically productive as well as the creative processes.

No! Masturbation is not allowed. You only wind up losing the window of growth by channelling that energy in through masturbation, please let go of the chicken.

• Willow Tree
    Willow Tree

While I believe that we should not think purely of our own physical pleasures, I do think that spirituality is exaggerated by those who want the human race to fail. If you think about it, all of humanities progression is physical. Be it physically going into space, or physically treating cancer. Getting people to focus on that what probably does not exist in place of that what does is backwards.

As all we know and can do is physical, and spirituality is either a false notion or purposely put outside our grasp. I say as long as we are responsible, then sex is a gift, and we should enjoy it. I know I do :)

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I know two people who have chosen to live celibate lives, as a result of a series of bad relationships. They do appear to be happier than when they were in the bad relationships, but not as happy as they would be in a good relationship. In neither instance do they appear to be more "spiritual" than anyone else, although THEY may think they are.

• Brigid
    Brigid

I find sexuality and spirituality can be intricately linked for me.

That is not to say that a celibate person cannot experience exquisite spirituality and conversely.

I believe it to be what one expects from sex and a partner. When one is whole in themselves and comes together with another mature, whole person the two can make a god. I know it sounds like babble. But there's no way for me to put this into language.

It's all about perception and expectation.

~Brigid

• greendawn
    greendawn

What I was trying to say is that human life can be good and enjoyable with plenty of sex but denying sex can open up a new higher dimension that is even more gratifying. However opening up this dimension is very difficult due to the mighty pull of the instinctive forces in the soul.

• Dune
    Dune

You are all mad!

• robhic
    robhic
    What I was trying to say is that human life can be good and enjoyable with plenty of sex but denying sex can open up a new higher dimension that is even more gratifying.

Well, speaking for myself and from experience, I really didn't feel any "higher dimension" or anything gratifying about a long "dry spell" (shall we say...) after my wife left me. It was tough and distracting.

However opening up this dimension is very difficult due to the mighty pull of the instinctive forces in the soul.

I'm also pretty sure it wasn't my "soul" that the forces you refer to were coming from...

• Poztate
    Poztate
    What I was trying to say is that human life can be good and enjoyable with plenty of sex but denying sex can open up a new higher dimension that is even more gratifying.

Sounds like B.S. to me. This is probably a theory developed by someone who couldn't get it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit