Did you give lots of money to the Watchtower?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I didn't put much money in the contribution box. Just buying a bigger car was my way of contributing financially. I also was generous with the ones in need.

As far as the Watchtower's contribution boxes were concerned, they didn't recieve much from me.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

For most of the time I was in, I gave all that I could afford, which wasn't always that much.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

60 dollars per month

• greendawn
    greendawn

As far as I recall I never put a penny in their contribution box my point was that one has to give enough to this org in terms of time for meetings preaching and studying and it would be too much to also give them money, also given the fact that I had found them too unfriendly for my liking.

• JH
    JH

I gave maybe $5 a month, and I paid for my personal magazines, maybe another $5 a month. I was stingy with them.

• blondie
    blondie

Enough to make sure the lights, AC, and heat weren't turned off.

Was a tax write-off too.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just 90 hours a month + meetings + everything else.

• JH
    JH

When I saw that they were always in the hole financially, after each assembly and every month, I smelt a rat. There was a pattern that always came back. "We need more money"

Well, if they can't afford their assemblies, maybe they organize too many.

• rimbaudbunuel
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. But I have a plan to get it back with interest. A lot of interest.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul (of the "What Do Successful Tort Attorneys Make for Wrongful Death?" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit