No Animosity

by general 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• general
    general

Hi all,

I will begin by stating that I have been an inactive JW for about four years now and I currently have no plans on returning to the organization at this juncture. I have read many of your experiences with the JW's and WTS and I can certainly understand the rage, hatred, depression, anxiety, and sense of hoplessness as a result of your association with the JW's. Personally, I have had simliar experiences with the JW's such as an elder constantly chastising me for every "bad" thing I did by always informing me that " If I continued on the course I was on I would be destroyed at Armeggedon." It was this fear of death at Armeggedon that kept me slaving away for this organization even though I rarely agreed with the WTS interpetation of bibilical doctrine. At the age of 18 I decided that being a full time minster for the organization was not for me. To get away from the Organization I simply just dropped off the face of the earth and never showed my face again to the congregation I was attending.

I am currently a junior in college with a major in Laboratory Science with concentrations in Chemistry and Biology. I also have the joined the military's ROTC program where I hope to be commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant next summer. Through the ROTC program I can now attend Graduate school and not worry about being deployed while I am in school. I still haven't decided whether or not I want to pursue a doctorate in chemistry or Law but at this juncture I am not particularly concerned with that.

As regards the JW's and their organization the WTS I feel no ill-will towards them even though by right I should. I do commend the JW's for their strict moral codes and it takes a real man or woman to live by them. Ever since my exodous from the organization, the moral values that were taught to me by the JW's has served me well and I partly attribute this to my secular and academic success.

I will say though it was nice to find this board

Nick

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome!

Enjoy your stay!

GGG

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

General,

I am sure that as long as you respect the fact that many here have been injured deeply and do harbor some (well warranted) ill-will toward the organization you're going to be a more than welcome addition to the forum. From your post it seems that you likely don't have a JW family who will "rat you out" to the elders, which might explain why you were able to walk away with so little injury. If so, count yourself very lucky.

Well met, and I look forward to your posts.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• slugga
    slugga
    Personally, I have had simliar experiences with the JW's such as an elder constantly chastising me for every "bad" thing I did by always informing me that " If I continued on the course I was on I would be destroyed at Armeggedon."

I suffered from this too, bullying Elders that made me feel so worthless and useless that I ended up thinking "sod it, I'm a usless witness" and I walked away.

All the hours dubs spend in FS trying to gain members when they can't even look after the ones they have !

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Hi Nick, it's wonderful that you've found success and are pursuing life goals.

I take exception only to your statement "As regards the JW's and their organization the WTS I feel no ill-will towards them even though by right I should." Why should you? You made your choices, and now you're finding happiness and fulfillment in something different. Why would you want to remain angry, bitter, spiteful or anything else that harboring ill will brings about? You've done the right thing in leaving the bad behind and taking the good with you.

I too think it's nice you found this board. Perhaps you will share more of your genuine and refreshing perspective! Welcome.

willow

• Brigid
    Brigid

A warm welcome to you, Nick. You will find many stories, cries, laughs, wounded and healed or healing souls here.

Count yourself among friends!

~Brigid

• sf
    sf

Welcome Nick.

I do commend the JW's for their strict moral codes and it takes a real man or woman to live by them.

When it comes to real men and real women, I'm sure you won't find anything real when referring to jws. REALity is not what they live in.

As far as strict moral codes; these codes, within the Watchtower Organizations religious front, destroy families and foster hatred.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

Strict moral codes except when it comes to child rapists.

www.silentlambs.org

• jojochan
    jojochan

Welcome to the forum general! Stick around for ahwhile.

jojochan.

• FairMind
    FairMind

General, I am still an active JW and I even have animosity toward the WTS. A kicked dog learns to hate the kicker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit