Have any been attacked while in FS?

by Check_Your_Premises 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

How many times were you attacked physically?

How many times were you attacked verbally?

How long were you a JW?

I would like it if people would answer all the questions if you don't mind to much. I was trying to get a statistical sample of how often these thing might happen over the course of a jw's career.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i have been attacked by dogs and a pig.

i had a gun pulled on me once.

i was never physically injured cause i kept my mom in between me and the pig.

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

I've been verbally attacked a few times, one of the worst times happened when I was five. She just started screaming at me and my mom, called us a cult and threatened to call the police. Once when I was thirteen I went to the door with a friend about my age and the lady threatened us and started to throw rocks at us, she picked them up and acted like she was going to anyway, so we took off running. Really freaked us out. All the really mean people have been women.

• Gregor
    Gregor

JW from birth to 36. (1945-1981, California)

Physically - 0

Verbally - est. 12

Door slammed in face - est. 150

I think it would be interesting to add two other variables. What era does your experience cover? What part of the country (world).

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

How many times were you attacked physically?

Once by a goat; but never by a householder.

How many times were you attacked verbally?

Never. Oh I had lots of discussions that degenerated into arguments, but it never reached the attacking stage. I found if you were respectful and considerate toward people they would generally return it.

How long were you a JW?

18 years. 1971-1989 (pioneered for 3 years; 1980-1983)

• unique1
    unique1

1977-2002 Southeast US

Verbally = 20 (this usually consisted of screaming, didn't you see my *&%# No Tresspassing sign? Do you not understand what NO *&^# Tresspassing means?)

Physically - I wasn't at the door but I was in the car group a guy came to the door, shot his gun in the air and said your next, you have 10 seconds to get off my property. They ran and we hightailed it out of there.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    I think it would be interesting to add two other variables. What era does your experience cover? What part of the country (world).

I figure it would be hard enough to get just the 3 questions answered.

• Chimene
    Chimene

My ex jdub husband was chased out of a yard with a man running after him with the garden hose on full blast, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once an old man got angry and began chasing us with a piece of wood down the stairs, it turned out that he was a psycho and the father of a JW elder, did they drive him to insanity? I don't know. He kept saying to me: can you see the mercury in my eyes? I kept saying no and then we went beserk got that big piece of wood and began chasing us.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was a JW for 20 years and pioneeredâ„¢ for 2. I was attacked by 2 dogs, but no people. I was verbally attacked about 6 times.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit