Do You Ever Have Dreams About Being A JW?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I had one disconcerting dream last night. I was in a very large assembly hall and explosions started occuring and rather than wanting to leave everyone stayed and chatted like whatever was happening out there was not going to affect them inside. They were all very smug. I was stll an elder in the dream. I decided I had to get out but didn't know which was the easiest exit. I asked different elders if they were still going to stay and very smirkily they said they were but if I wanted to go, I could. I then realized all I had to do was walk down some very small steps and exit into the street. Before I did, i looked for my brother who was also still an elder (in the dream). It seemed he was purposely avoiding me while I kept yelling his name. So I sat down for a minute and listened to about 5 very smug elders discussing why tanning was connected to demonism. One elder had charts to prove it! I then spoke up and said, "If you guys think that tanning is demonistic, you're all cracked. I tan regularly and I'm not demonized". After which one elder quoted me a scripture of how some in the last days would believe in the conjured stories of man to which I said, "just like YOU". Then I got up and left them wondering how anyone could be so stupid.........Any comments?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I had a dream that I had the highlights night before last. I kept wondering "how stupid they would let an apostate give the highlights"

• codeblue
    codeblue

Min...omg...I have had MANY recent dreams of being one.

It freaks me out a bit. Remember I am the only one in my family of siblings that is no longer one (nor my adult kids) so they are always present in them and at the meetings or conventions and some weird scene happens.

When you are a part of something for 35 years....it is going to be hard to shake all those years, unless we get a selective lobotomy!!! lol

Codeblue

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I have dreams sometimes that i think i'm still in bethel. I wake up franticly trying to figure out how many vacation days i still have left and where i am going to hide my wife while i'm there.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

OMG, I had a dream last night. I was visiting my parents and they invited the elder's over. For some reason my friends were with me and we just hid out in my room and drank champagne. But I woke up wondering if they are planning on doing something like that when I visit in April. Better stock up on champagne.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, Min!

Good question. I have dreams probably close to every night about being with my former
    Witness friends. And, like Ip_Sec, I had a dream a short while ago where I had to give a talk
    on the assembly program, and wondered how I could do it when I don't believe anymore.

Much more common to me is to dream about meeting old JW friends and getting their reactions to my leaving.

In the dreams, some are disgusted, but most are willing to talk about it and are pretty decent. They are probably more decent in my dream world than they would ever be in real life!

The strangest dream was just the other night where I was with the hardest-nosed JW elder I ever worked wit, the kind that struck fear into the hearts of lesser mortals, and enjoyed doing it. I worked with him for years as a MS and elder. Anyway, in the dream, he tells me how much he admires my courage and honesty in leaving the Witnesses. What a shock!

I understand how all this comes out of my own subconcious, but some of these meetings are really quite interesting, and a bit weird.

The one thing I really see from how often I have these JW-related dreams, is the power being a JW still has in my life, at least on the subconcious level.

S4

• dinah
    dinah

Several years ago I dreamed all the JW's were told to evacuate to a specified place and it was abundantly clear that I couldn't be included. Of course it was armageddon and I was left there to face the wrath of Jehovah. I woke up in a cold sweat, trembling.

• blondie
    blondie

That would be a NIGHTMARE, min, not a dream

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I had a dream recently that I was sitting in the kingdom hall with my mother and sister. All my old friends were there and I was very confused. Then I started to realize that the past 10 years of my life was a dream and I was still a witness and it was 1996. I felt very sad that I was still a witness. I wondered about my wife and extented family that I love dearly and got even more upset. I still remembered all the stuff I've learned about the society and how wrong they are. Then everyone in the dream was trying to get me to go out in service. I started freaking out and wanted to get out of the hall as fast a possilbe.

Then I suddenly woke up in my bed next to my wife. It took me a second to realize it was just dream. I smiled and curled up next to my wife happy with the life I now have.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have those 'nightmares' sometimes. [Thanx Blondie that is correct terminology for sure.]

I usually remember it for an hour or so after waking [like most dreams], crack a few jokes with Wifey about it in the morning, thank my stars it was not true, and get on with it.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit