Telepathy (thought transference) a natural process.

by greendawn 19 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Telepathy is the direct transmission of thoughts and feelings from one person to another without the medium of the physical senses and it is a natural part of human life, and most likely the process through which also spirit beings including God communicate with humans though in their case they can transmit ideas and feelings more powerfully.

Did you ever experience this process eg you suddenly begin to think intensely about a person and soon that person phones or turns up where you are. This can happen often over time and it can't be due to coincidence.

I experienced this with my ex girlfriend at a time that she was half way around the world at the far end of Russia, before she would call me. The big distance was no barrier.

• Mary
    Mary

Did you ever experience this process eg you suddenly begin to think intensely about a person and soon that person phones or turns up where you are. This can happen often over time and it can't be due to coincidence.

Sometimes. For example a few months ago, a co-worker (and good friend) of mine told me that he and his wife were going to a concert that very night about an hours drive away. Anyhoo, I didn't think too much of it and I was over at some other friends' house that same night for supper. At 6:30pm I suddenly thought of my co-worker. It was weird. It wasn't just a 'ho-hum thinking of you', but almost like a jolting thought that something may be wrong with him. I tried putting it out of my mind and I did eventually. On Monday morning, I emailed him first thing to see how the concert was and told him of my 'experience' at 6:30 on the Friday night and light heartedly said I was just checking to make sure he was still alive.

He emailed me back stunned because at 6:30pm on the Friday night on the way to the concert, he and his wife came within a hair's breath of being seriously injured or killed on the highway. He told me that traffic had stopped up ahead but for some reason, it was hard to see and he almost hit the car in front of him. That wasn't the worst of it. As they were sitting there, he looked in the rear view mirror and saw an SUV barreling down on them, oblivious to the stopped traffic. He thought that was The End right then and there but the driver finally saw them, slammed on the breaks and went in the other lane.

Coincidence that this happened right at the time when I thought of him? Maybe. I just thought it was weird.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I guess silent prayer is a form of telepathy. So it must be true. At least I hope so.

Sometimes I have dreams of someone I had a relationship with years ago, and it is really creepy. I will wake up wondering if the other person was thinking about me at the time I had the dream.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, there have been several occurrences. To give an example, I took care of the mother of a man who was being treated for lung cancer. She lived in his home, so we were in almost daily contact. I came to know him and his wife and found him to be a very, very kind and sweet person. I liked him. His mother really liked me above all others who came to provide care for her and he and his wife really liked me more than the other caregivers, too. Due to his becoming weaker as the cancer took its toll, we were all finally dismissed when they put his mother in a nursing home. 3 weeks later, I awakened one morning around 2:30 AM. Sat bolt upright in bed and thought of him and wondered how he was doing. I learned later that morning that he had died just 20 mins. after I had awakened.

The other occurrences are probably more than you'd want to know.

Frannie

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

HELLO

That's an interesting point about prayer and the Bible does seem to speak of silent prayers as something that emanates from you instead of God reading your thoughts .This, to me seems a case in point for Satan being the great Illusionist and using this to power we have to talk to God by thought as a basis for thinking it is something that some people can use apart from God ,as if satan is continuing the lie from the garden of Eden that man can think for himself and have powers INDEPENDENT from God.

What do I know? Before I came in to the JW religion I had these abilities and many others that are classed as demonic by JW's and others. There was always an underlying sense of smugness ,nervousness, unusual mind and body feelings, and a deep gut feeling of something bad is present and foreboding.

My mother used to converse with someone who moved to Canada for years and experienced some of the things you all are talking about. But what was the point of it all......it goes hand in hand with seeing the future ...like when I told a freind he was to die at this time,at this date ,this is how etc. but he died and it all did him no good, but it did convince people who new what was predicted by me that there is some weird and powerfull force that is in some people like me and led them away from the possibility of the power actually coming from an evil source that is NOT human.

The Bible revealed the source to me ,that it was not just me having some special ability......see where the satanic illusion comes in......we have a power that god gave us to pray to him with our mind but Satan has used this to mislead people.

I knew a lot of people with these "powers" years ago and most did not live by bible standards at all...quite to the contrary drugs ,booze ,witchcraft,smoking etc and they wore the some dark clothing ,fascination with all things Gothic etc etc

Now before anyone conludes that I think all are like that, I will say I mixed in diverse circles, a Yogi that could levitate and move things along with the usual mock humility of an Eastern religionist, and other people who of course look like every other person but make money out of "The Gift".

Well that's my 2 cents worth

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

greendawn:

Telepathy is the direct transmission of thoughts and feelings from one person to another without the medium of the physical senses

That is a reasonable definition of the concept of telepathy.

and it is a natural part of human life,

No it isn't. Humans can communicate verbally, through facial and body expressions, and - to a limited degree - through chemical signals. There is no evidence that any humans have ever communicated telepathically.

and most likely the process through which also spirit beings including God communicate with humans though in their case they can transmit ideas and feelings more powerfully.

Now you're using a process not known to exist to explain another process not known to exist. There is no evidence of the existence of spirit beings or of any communication from such beings.

Why can it not be due to coincidence? It sounds like a coincidence to me.

I experienced this with my ex girlfriend at a time that she was half way around the world at the far end of Russia, before she would call me. The big distance was no barrier.

If you have proof of telepathy, you could make a lot of money. Would you be willing to test this under controlled conditions?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:You goofed this time

In an age of Quantum Physics and String Theory are you really gonna put money on it?

I've experienced such things as well, and under certain conditions can do it at will. I'm still attempting to get consistent results, so if any apostababes out there would like to help me in my endeavors, all you need is a bathrobe, a bottle of bubbly, and a spatula...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LittleToe:

In an age of Quantum Physics and String Theory are you really gonna put money on it?

Yes. I've done so before and would be willing to do so again. If I'm wrong, it would be such a monumental discovery that it would fundamentally change the world. I'd be glad to lose a little money to have my name associated with such a historic event. (I'd make it all back on the talk show circuit anyway.)

If anyone's interested in a serious test of their alleged abilities, I'd be happy to organise one.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    if any apostababes out there would like to help me in my endeavors, all you need is a bathrobe, a bottle of bubbly, and a spatula...

My robe is embarassingly short, the only bubbly I have is club soda, my spatula is practically an antique, and I'm probably more "aposta" than "babe"...but can I still qualify? For a test run at least? I'm pretty good at sending out signals (telepathically speaking) but not as good at receiving them. Would love some extra practice

~Merry

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

FD, do you think that there's a possibility that human conciousness could under certain circumstances tap into another 'pool' of conciousness to retrieve information, much like the theory of the 100th monkey syndrome, rather than someone communicating with spirits; and that the person believes that they are communicating with spirits because thats how the concious perceives the access of information in a symbolic way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit