Would Jesus forgive Satan if he repented?

by DavidChristopher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Asked the elder conducting my book study today...he didn't know.

Nobody seems to know. Slave1111 are you out there? how about a little help here old buddy.

If no...then why continue to "preach the good news" to convince them to repent? That would be a waste of time.

If yes?....who would he NOT forgive?

Any thoughts?

• trevor
    trevor

The Devil has never been baptized, so he can start a bible study and join god's organization at any time.

Once on board he would be counted among the 'millions now living who will never die.'

Hope this helps.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lol. satan would SO never repent. i know, cuz he's a pal of mine.

ts

• slugga
    slugga

No he cant repent, not according to the dubs anyway. His "fate" has already been determined and recorded in the book of revelation and as all scripture is inspired by God, to change Satan's fate would make God a liar.

Plus there's also the apostate argument, If any of the anointed class drift into apostasy then that is said to grieve the spirit and is an unforgivable sin. If a spirit creature was do do the same then surely that is worse and so is unforgivable to.

• Mary
    Mary

Not unless he gets an absolute minimum of 10 hours of Service in on a regular basis for the next 6 months in a row. He'd also have to buy a 4-door vehicle. Only then would it be obvious that he had repented of his former sins and would be approved as "good association".

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

if satan wrote a big enough check to the WT, sure, why not?

• greendawn
    greendawn

In theory he would if Satan repented and made good all the dreadful damage that he has caused and indeed they want him to repent however in practice that will never happen but instead he will go from bad to worse.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Do yuo think the wtbts will repent and be contrite ? - even attrite ?

• delilah
    delilah

This far into his rebellion, I really think it doubtful, that Satan would ever repent. Why would he? He's having too much fun...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    In theory he would if Satan repented and made good all the dreadful damage

And what dreadful damage is satan guilty of?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit