Would Jesus forgive Satan if he repented?

by DavidChristopher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I was always perplexed on God's choice of putting Paul over all his faithful disciples, after all he was hunting and killing them. Why do you think He would do such a strange thing? Could there be a reason?

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Tis better to rule in hell than be a slave in heaven"

-amen Lucifer, amen....

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Widespread thought among average witnesses was that even if Satan repented, he would not be forgiven, because he had began as a perfect spirit creature, so his rebellion was not a "mistake due to imperfection" but a "choice".

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

Not if he smokes a cig while watching a rated "R" movie.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

It would be so easy for Satan to make God a liar. Just be a little-sweet-devil-kitty.

then all prophecy's would fail, and God was wrong. He would not like anything more then that....

I asked an elder why he did not do this. He answer me: he can not do that because he is not made that way. Duh? Guess who "did not made him that way".....

Danny B

• wombat
    wombat

DavidC...

......I was always perplexed on God's choice of putting Paul over all his faithful disciples, after all he was hunting and killing them. Why do you think He would do such a strange thing? Could there be a reason....

As one of our political leaders said after he had appointed an opponent to a top position.."I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in"

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/o/origen.htm#SH3c Check out # 3 c. if you don't get directly there.

• jstalin
    jstalin

What did Satan ever do wrong, anyhow? I don't remember ever reading the actual story of his downfall in the bible... is it there somewhere?

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway
    ......I was always perplexed on God's choice of putting Paul over all his faithful disciples, after all he was hunting and killing them. Why do you think He would do such a strange thing? Could there be a reason....

In the phillips translation it leads the reader to believe that God punished paul by making him the most devout. Kind of like your sentence in hell is to be a pioneer..

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Wow....Jesus must have a different take on the word punishment than what I am used to hearing. I never heard Paul complain about the job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit