"Cornered" a street cornerer today

by Jez 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    He changes the subject at this point and says,

"Churches don't teach the bible or use God's name, Jehovah"

Ahhh, the perfect example of a mind controlling organisation.

When you made him realise (he already knew this but you reminded him) the Jehovah's Witnesses do not act as the Samaritan in the parable, he had to find in his mind a reason for that behavior.....and his cult trained mind recalled the reason why god himself hates religion who is going to be destroyed soon.

cognitive dissonancen. Psychology

A condition of conflict or anxiety resulting from inconsistency between one's beliefs and one's actions, such as opposing the slaughter of animals and eating meat.

Jez.....you did well in your material....but I think you pushed him a bit. Too many questions at once fired at an old guy who seen enough crap in his faith he keeps it buried and you uncovered alot of it. I think with a guy like him maybe to have played more dumb and drew him out longer on one subject might made him think some more perhaps and you could have talked longer.....or, I might be wrong and your manner planted more seeds in him than he wants to think about and it might actually make him consider what you said. Anyway...you did good.

Gumby....who was the TMS servant way to long

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

alt

Well done on your promotion to Jedi Master...brilliant thread...its quite telling when a witnesses only response is 'ah you will soon see'; it reinforces the very point that they would sooner follow blindly rather than fully question and challenge their beliefs.

DB74

• Celia
    Celia
    "That is not very nice sir, you are on the street, trying to provide ppl with the truth about the bible, opening yourself up to questions and comments, you have the perfect opportunity to show me the love of God and yet you show me the opposite, you show me hate, a gleeful delight in the destruction of mankind, religious intolerance, an arrogant attitude and an inability to answer even ONE of my questions."

Brillant ! Hopefully this guy will start questionning his beliefs.... One can only hope.

• Clam
    Clam

Excellent story Jez. That's cheered me up big style.

Like unc suggests, shame some of us don't have an info sheet to "place" with them. Although I'm sure this particular muppet would be about as likely to read it, as I would his Awake magazine.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

While I am on the subject, its ironic that hes holding magazines (obviously designed with a title with an emotive hook) about who will feed the hungry...well its sure as hell wont be the WTBTS will it?

In the UK some homeless people actually try and get themselves out of poverty by selling a magazine on the streets called 'The Big Issue' and its largely quite successful and at least a better alternative to aggressive begging.

I was sat in central Manchester eating a sandwich and there was a 'Big Issue' seller quite close by politely asking passers by whether they would like to buy one of his magazines; being the nosey bugger I was watching and was surprised when what must have been a JW pulled out a couple of Watchtowers and Awake (they are unmistakeable really) and she gave him a few of the magazines but didnt buy his.

I watched in awe of the sheer arrogance and ignorance of that JW...having finished my sandwich I went to buy my copy, promptly gave him some money but asked what the woman had given him; he embarassingly said it was some bible stuff which he often gets from different people who he approaches and I asked whether she had bought a magazine from him....(knowing the answer) he said no.

He was good natured enough and very amiable but what cracked me up is that his parting comment was... "well I wish she had been around before I was in a homeless shelter, I couldve used the magazines to make a fire and keep warm"

I did laugh and had to agree that thats all there are worth!

• blondie
    blondie

I couldn't help but think of this scripture, db1974, when I read your account.

(Matthew 7:9-10) 9

Indeed, who is the man among YOU whom his son asks for bread—he will not hand him a stone, will he? 10 Or, perhaps, he will ask for a fish—he will not hand him a serpent, will he?

I could never understand how JWs thought that a WT publication would help a homeless person or an alcoholic or drug addict. JWs expect "the world" to feed, house, and help these people clean up their lives. JWs won't even donate to the organizations who do this.

As to the street cornerer, he proves what I have said to some JWs that the WTS teaches that only JWs will survive Armageddon and that JWs have already judged non-JWs as dead men and women walking (and their children).

Blondie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I could never understand how JWs thought that a WT publication would help a homeless person or an alcoholic or drug addict. JWs expect "the world" to feed, house, and help these people clean up their lives. JWs won't even donate to the organizations who do this.

Exactly, the way the WTBTS portrays itself is like it is some humanitarian aid agency when in reality it does sweet FA for charity.

DB74

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I couldn't help but think....Jez was "arguing" or "challenging" Jonah. I would say Jonah got his ass kicked! WTG!

• Confession
    Confession
    He said the Awake about "Who will feed the hungry?"

"Not JWs eh,"

(giggle giggle, shoulder nudge to him)

Hilarious, Jez.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Jez, the Gureilla Apostate, the Viet Cong of ex-jw's, you go girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit