Another Watchtower for JWs to 'beat eachother with'!

by Gill 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

APOSTATE POSTER BOY-Danny Haszard

• loosie
    loosie
    Snicker* I said 'dark-sided!' *Snicker*

LOL @ Lisa

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    Snicker* ; I said 'dark-sided!' *Snicker*
    LOL @ Lisa

Haha! My hubbie and I have taken to discussing whether things are "dark sided" or not.... and then busting out laughing....

I'll never forget that clip.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Recently an elder chastised me for growing a bit of facial hair. He commented that I might stumble someone in the "door to door" work. My question to him was how could this be since about 70% of adult men in our locality are sporting beards. No answer and he got mad.

• enigmatoo
    enigmatoo

So, what is REALLY the PERFECT hairdo for JW ? Can you prove with some PICS from the Bible?

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Wow...do I agree...my interpretation is that their goal is to control everyone's actions, appearance, friends, association. A brother gave a talk to the women..and told them every possible aspect of their appearance to watch..it was nausiating...He even said to go on your knees and if your skirt doesn't touch the ground, your dress is too short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the opposite of Jesus..He never emphasised this..

• Gill
    Gill

Star Moore - The JWs are Jehovah's Witnesses, NOT Jesus' Witnesses!

The rules about hair, length of skirt blah de blah de blah etc would suit Jehovah, hence it suits the WTBTS.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, I've just got up this morning so i may not be fully awake yet but I can't fathom the application of this:

Page 14 of this article:

Take, for example, the decision a young man might face in choosing his hairstyle. No Bible command specifically condemns a certain hairdo. Yet, consider a Bible principle. The apostle Paul wrote: 'I desire the women to adorn themselves in well arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb, but in the way that befits women professing to revernce God, namesly through good works.' (I Tim 2:9,10) Paul is here writing about women, but the principle applies to both men and women. What is the principle? Our appearance should reflect modesty and soundness of mind. So the young man can ask himself, 'Will my hairstyle reflect the modesty that befits a christian?'

I can't see the connection between the text and a haircut.. I suspect it's just another of those myriad examples where the WT plucks a text out of the air and makes it say whatever they want it to say.

How unlike them to ever apply a text in context. If they read the context, they'd see that Paul was nowhere there speaking of a man's hairstyle in the twenty-first century..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit