Do JW's think that we are committing an "Unforgivable Sin"?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

To the first question: Yes. But, really, who cares? LOL

The second question is more complicated. For me, since I don't believe in religion or that a superior being has gifted us with any universal rules of behavior that he/she/it expects us to obey or else...from that kind of God/punishment standpoint...no. Do some people do things that are so heinous that they deserve to be eradicated from the face of the earth? yes.

• kls
    kls
    We're dead meat

That makes me rat meat, and kls is monkey meat

I wonder which is more tender?

Let's beat Rat first and find out

• blondie
    blondie

The unforgivable sin is when the WTS says to jump, you say "Why", instead of "How high?"

• atypical
    atypical

We are not respecting the "au-thor-a-taay" and so we must be labled as worthy of death. If we weren't, others wouldn't be as afraid to join us.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, they sure do!!..... I get told that at home quite often especially after meetings like last weeks WT study.

Last Sunday's study WT said, p13

"So then should we listen to apostates.....examine their sites on the internet? Such actions would make us sharers in their wicked works "

[accurately abbreviated}

citation to:

(2 John 7-11) 7
    For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Look out for yourselves, that YOU do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that YOU may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I was always taught "apostacy" was an unforgivable sin too. Yet I have never once been able to find it in WT literature, at least the literature that is available online. It says sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable but doesn't mention apostacy specifically (or anything that could be construed as apostacy). It may be in the literature somewhere but I haven't found it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do JW's think that we are committing an "Unforgivable Sin"?

Do you really care what those hypocrites are told to think about all who reject the apostate teachings, doctrines and practices of the evil Watchtower Society?

• gumby
  • The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

The Unforgiveable is going about God's spirit Luke 12:10 "And everyone that says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but he that blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven it" Is going on this board blasphemes? They seem to think it is, because they are told that the WTS is God, and going against them is going against God, but the problem is that we here now know better then that. Also its not up to them its up to us to decide what is OK with our consceince. Ro2:15 "They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused." I can't see how speaking to other people in an upbuilding way can be viewed by God or any normal person in their right mind as Blasphemes !!!!!!!

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Why don't I get line spacing like the rest of you ? :-(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit