Wacky Christian woman from Trading Spouses

by ackack 35 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I worked with a woman like this. Not the brightest crayon in the box, that's for sure. The gal I knew had a rough life and I guess the only way she could cope with it was to immerse herself in a religion that allowed for some pretty far out magical thinking. She could pretend that God was gonna get her that refrigerator when her husband drank and gambled away their money. She could play Christmas music all year long and pretend that Santa and God were kind of the same thing. She could ignore the fact that her kids were failing in school and getting into all kinds of trouble...God will take care of it. She could deliciously scare herself with the thought that demons were around every corner and out to get her...but she knew Santa/God and his son, Jesus (who was the husband she really wanted) would protect her if she just clicked her heals together three times and repeated some magic God words over and over. I also know she thought that if she had enough faith, that God/Jesus/Santa would take care of any medical problems she had. It was sad/annoying/laughable in about equal parts.

As I typed this, flashes of JW thinking came to mind. Witnesses in general aren't as dramatic and outwardly fruitcakey as these people, but the belief system is just as kooky. God/Jesus/the GB are watching over us and protecting us...if we're good enough and if they feel like we're important enough to the cause, that is. Sometimes, when the moon is right and the stars are in proper alignment, they will even send us money floating across the street on a breeze just as the car runs out of gas on a deserted dirt road. Demons are out to get us at all times and lie in wait inside of musty garage sale items and smurf dolls to attack us and try to gain control of our minds. AND If we sell enough mags and books, plant enough troof "seeds", don't have extramarital sex or touch ourselves too much, attend all the meetings and stay away from BLOOD, we'll get to live forever and take over the world. Yup, yup, yup...that's not insane at all. LOL

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

This horse sized fruitcake needs meds, or in case that doesn't work to be put down like a lame horse. Turn her into soap. At least something positive could come of this waste of flesh.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

She reminded me of a woman in the hall I went to. Hysterical at times and zealous to a point that it scared a person.

Is it just me, or did she at times sound/look like Sam Kinison?

meagan

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

She is one f***ed up person.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Is it Christian to say:

Get the hell out of my house, in Jesus' name!!!!

Does tacking "Jesus" in a sentence where you just swore negate the swear word? Just wondering? LOL!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I really liked it when she was so angry she was just skreeching and shuddering.

....and the little daughter sitting on the couch who may never speak again after seeing that....

• roybatty
    roybatty
    they did an update at the end of the 2nd program,,,,,,she had changed her mind and took the money

They always do.

Jeez, half the JW pioneers I knew were clones of this woman.

• pmouse
    pmouse

Well, this certainly goes a long way toward fueling the debate about the fundies, doesn't it? But then again, looney tunes fall into all kinds of categories.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Watched it. Very entertaining! She was all to excited about taking the dark-sided family to church but wouldn't even participate in the solstice party.

• slugga
    slugga

Can you imagine this woman joining up and then having to do the doors with her? Imagine the fuss she'd cause if someone told her to piss off on the doors

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit