What was the nastiest house you got invited into?

by Virgochik 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Poztate
    Poztate

Not Me...Long time out...But my wife used to go to a "Cat house"...No not that kind you little pervs.

A woman had about 50 to 60 cats...I am sure you know about people like that. Dammed hard to have a study and convert people...and would you really want them??? Study ended... Used to go street corner on a drug infested area.You always had to watch for knives or getting robbed.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was a house the owner of which kept a large number of cats inside and that of course meant it was very smelly.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, I've had Bible studies in some pretty nasty cribs, pretty much as those already described. One place I am sure had a dead animal (I hope it was an animal!) under the house. There's something about that smell that stays in your nostrils.

One that I have remembered was kind of unusual. My buddy Wayne and I were out in service in a run down tract house neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley, this was in the late 50's. We knocked on the door and this huge, bald guy answered. He was very nice and invited us in. We learned that his name was Tor Johnson. He was a pro wrestler and had been in a lot of cheesy horror movies (Plan 9 From Outer Space was one.) We pretty much let him tell us about what he did and he showed us some of his publicity pics. It really made an impression on me that he lived so modestly, I thought people in movies all lived in a mansion.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a top 3.

First house: Sister of a friend, was invited to a birthday party for child of said sister. House, it was actually an second floor apartment, was so nasty I refused to use their bathroom. I sat in one spot and tried not to move too much.

Second house: I used to babysit for an agency and got a job babysitting 2 kids. Went to the house. Noticed upon entering house the distinct odor of cat urine, also noticed that the furniture and carpeting looked kinda scuzzy - like no one have ever dusted or vacuumed. Talked to the mother about the care of the kids. The mother shows me the kitchen, odor of cat even stronger. Come to find out they were leaving open cans of cat food out and were using a lower cabinet - it looked horrible. The mother then shows me the frig - omg it was disgusting - it looked like they were letting the cats use the frig! It smelled like cat too!! The mother then tell me I can eat anything in the frig. I order a pizza.

Third house: Working with my parents (house cleaning business). We go to a house of a client or I should say 2 clients, both doctors. They live in an expensive 3 level house hanging off a hill. We walking in the house and get hit with the smell of cat. They have 3 cats, who have total run of the house. I should also say they had a nanny, she was big and her only job was to take care of their kid. I think the kid was about 2 years old, maybe younger. The kitchen was filthy, dishes piled up since the last time my folks had come. Cat food all over the floor. My dad had to get something from their garage and I went out there with him. They had been letting the cats poop in the garage - cat poop all over the place. They even had unopened cans of beer sitting out there with the cat poop! But the worst part was the master bathroom. It was carpeted and they had two cat litter trays that were overflowing and the cats were pooping and pissing on the carpet!!! They are doctors!!!

Josie

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Third house: Working with my parents (house cleaning business). We go to a house of a client or I should say 2 clients, both doctors. They live in an expensive 3 level house hanging off a hill. We walking in the house and get hit with the smell of cat. They have 3 cats, who have total run of the house. I should also say they had a nanny, she was big and her only job was to take care of their kid. I think the kid was about 2 years old, maybe younger. The kitchen was filthy, dishes piled up since the last time my folks had come. Cat food all over the floor. My dad had to get something from their garage and I went out there with him. They had been letting the cats poop in the garage - cat poop all over the place. They even had unopened cans of beer sitting out there with the cat poop! But the worst part was the master bathroom. It was carpeted and they had two cat litter trays that were overflowing and the cats were pooping and pissing on the carpet!!! They are doctors!!!

Sistah, I would say that overtops my pitiful roach infested low income apartment complex experience. I remember one of our dear pioneer sisters taking me to a call one time, though.........now that I think back on it.........this woman was sound asleep at 2 in the afternoon........and, when we walked into the apartment (after being instructed not to put anything on the floor or lean on the walls......) there was that sour, caked smell.........yuck.......

Terri

• luna2
    luna2

mrsjones, that last place you mentioned...doctors (who you'd expect to have some respect for cleanliness)...reminded me of a sister who cleaned house for a wealthy professional couple, also doctors, who would allow their dog to take dumps ALL over their living room carpet....and they'd wait for her to come in (I think once a week) to clean it all up. It boggles the mind that people would live with animal feces all over their home.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"It is amazing that no one ever bothered to help them clean up their homes."

Well, i remember one family that had a horribly dirty and cluttered home and the congregation organized several cleanup days for them. They never went over too well, of course, they didn't really want any help. I had one friend who was one of their children and I would pick him up for work sometimes. Oh my goodness, I couldn't even walk in the house. There were boards, bags of trash, junk of all kinds - you name it - strewn about the house everywhere. THe youngest kid slept in the closet because his bedroom was storage for ceiling-high junk. The older brother slept on the couch in a sitting position because his room was full of junk and the couch was too. The bathroom had more used tissue on the floor than it did in the wastebasket. I guess this is due to some sort of mental illness - but it's weird because they seemed reasonably normal to me. Anyway, my point is, we all tried to help them clean their house but it was no use.

• still angry
    still angry

Ya know, I remember people like what you guys described as a child, and it grossed me out then. What the heck do JW's have against calling the health department to help these people?! Or a humane society or shelter or something!?!?! It boggles my mind.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

zoeklhr

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

beg pardon...I was called away by the oven timer and my daughter decided to make her very first post here.

Nastiest house from JW days would have to be when I was a kid and my mom was studying with the town "cat-lady." A little old lady and 40-50 cats in a small, ramshackle house that smelled of--well--CATS. Cats and mildew. She used to neuter her own male cats also.And during the study there was always plenty of commotion. Cats running, playing, fighting, mating, yowling. It was horrible.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit