I bought a cross.

by lostlantern 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

I will consider this my first act of spiritual freedom. I bought myself a Celtic cross, I will admit I picked one out that I hope isn't recognizable to my parents. I know it is pathetic to be 31 and still afraid of what they think but I am not ready to lose them. I just feel inside that I need something to help me feel spiritual again, close to our savior. I only hope I can get away with wearing it, I plan on telling my family it is a Celtic knot. We'll see how it goes. Let me know what you think.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No one wants to lose their parents. I'm 41 and still changed out of my 'Lucky Snake Eyes' T Shirt the other month when my Mum came round, guess I'm pathetic too.

Good luck dude...dudette?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

FYI, this is an ODIN's CROSS.

It is used by many white supremacists to show love for Jesus and love for Nordic, Aryan roots. An adapted form of this cross is used by the KKK, as well as many skinhead adherants.

I'm not condemning, just informing.

The cross by itself isn't necessarily a symbol of racism, but if coupled with other "celtic" things (such as runes), it could easily be construed as symbolic of white pride.

http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/racist_celtic_cross.asp

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey, good for you lost lantern

hope it works out for you.

on a side note, i quite enjoy women who wear crosses, but more the protestant type.

TS

• daystar
    daystar

Great looking cross!

Richie, I've never heard that before about the links to white supremicists. That's like saying "bald people are skinheads".

I went to the North Texas Irish Festival and there was celtic knotwork crap all over the place... I guess they were a bunch of Nazis?

(BTW, I'm being fascetious Richie, I know you didn't mean it that way.)

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That's beautiful lostlantern! Feels good, doesn't it?

Here's what I picked for my first cross...
    In addition to being a remembrance of Jesus' sacrifice, it reminds me of of Jesus saying, "If any will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me."

~Merry

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Well that's a real bummer. I am sure my sister-n-law and her African American boyfriend will really appreciate that. Maybe I should see about exchanging it.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

no no no

I wasn't saying for you not to wear it, I was just sharing information.

Celtic art is beautiful, but the way it might be construed by black folks or law enforcement must be taken into consideration...

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

I understand, I appreciate your knowledge.

Being one of "jehovah's witnesses" my whole life I never realized there were differances in crosses. Catholic vs. Protestant, White Supremacist, maybe I should have done more research. I just thought a cross was a cross. I may have to pick another one out. I don't want to offend anyone.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good for you! I think it's lovely. I wear a little prayer box that looks similar to this:

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit