So, did you know any Janitors or Landscape people?

by free2beme 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • G Money
    G Money

In the English halls, many pioneers did janitorial work so they could pioneer during the day and the other brothers were carpenters. In the Spanish many were gardiners. A few other white brothers were pool cleaners.

• ferret
    ferret

When I was a dub I started a cleaning and janitorial business. That was in 1974, when I left I gradually faded out the janitorial jobs and concentrated on building maintenance which opened up a much bigger scope of work. Now when I get jobs I can contract out a lot of the work. I enjoy it very much.

• Swan
    Swan

My brothers owned their own small janitorial business and I worked for them occasionally.

My cousin owned a large janitorial business in the Seattle area and employed many "brothers." My aunt used to complain and complain about the things some of those guys tried to pull. Apparently they thought that since their boss was a brother and former CO, he should pay them out of the goodness of his heart whether they actually did any work or not.

Tammy

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

"i have lds friends, and as much as i see them as a cult too, they are full of highly educated people with successful and well respected positions."

just goes to show, you can be highly educated, successful, and respected and still be a dumbass...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The only JWs I knew with university degrees are those who converted to JWism after they got their education. Most in my hall were involved in some kind of cleaning business.

W

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

My first job @ 13 YOA was for this ornery old sumbitch named Aoki that paid me $2.25 an hour because he could get away with it to break my back in his landscaping business. (JW Elder, by the way). My next job was for a brother in the Hall that owned his own janitorial business. We cleaned the offices of Easton Aluminum (yep, Easton Baseball Bats and Arrows, etc). Then, my mom started her own house cleaning business and forced me to work with her scrubbing toilets for absolutely no pay whatsoever.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just2sheep.. i like it.

In the UK we had a shedload of window cleaners and general cleaners. A few had developed pioneer sustenance jobs into pretty good company's . The most forceful elders were often in middle management or sales reps. Very few females had significant jobs. Come to think of it, I think there was 'higher than average' number who claimed sickness/invalidity benefit and did not work .

I did know one University professor once,and he was a strange bloke, but I heard on the grapevine that he had become 'spiritually sick' and no longer went along, after he moved away

• skyman
    skyman

In the Cleaning and landscape businesses you can make $100.00 hour if that is stupid where do I sign up. Thats right people sometimes landscapers make way over a $100.00 per hour take that to the bank.

• delilah
    delilah

There were a couple of firefighters, and some mechanics, but mostly everyone else was in the janitorial business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit