Watchtower Prophesy Guide: Armagedon by 2000AD

by unclebruce 31 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

G'day to you too unc,

I think your friend is correct about the Tower being able to make it on their own without followers. They've been investing in worldly goods for years while shaming followers who need to work overtime to pay the bills. I look forward to the day when the Tower has to pay taxes as a non-religion business. I wonder how many JWs will see the light and sue God's Organization for fraud? I just wanted to add: "So many lawyers, so little time."

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well.. I know my in-laws are leaving the society 100 thousand dollars off the top in their will before any family gets any money. And an aunt who owns beachfront property with apartments she rents out in Jamaica is leaving it all to the society , as she never married or had kids but spent her life pioneering.She also worked as a nurse in a resort there, so she was a smart pioneer,,, not penniless... Too bad for my father-in-law though,, when he died he was serving as a elder and couldn't wait to see the great tribulation and God's destruction of this wicked system of things... Guess now he knows if there is life after death,, or if when you're dead.. you're dead..

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Classic 'bait and switch' ploy from the deceptive consumate con artists.

The Watch Tower Corporation is a media publishing, real estate development, and convention sponsoring company and their literature all promotes the corporation and those goals.

Note:all the other religions have the sense to promise you your reward AFTER you die (no one has come back and sued for breach of promise) .

The Watchtower has promised millions of their investors the rapture in their lifetime.Yes,gimmie all your money cause you ain't gonna need it,for old age retirement.

"That's the beauty of {false} religion and superstition, it has no limits. Religion is the most profitable legal business because religions can misquote, misrepresent, and use unethical practices without fear of punishment. It's the absolute best way to scam people I have yet seen."Gary Buss

• greendawn
    greendawn

Round numbers do not necessarily mean anything just because they are nice and round, we can see how the WTS was trying to focus on the year 2000 as a deadline. The gullible accepted that this had predictive value but time proved the obvious. They are now looking for new dates.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Very nice, eye-opening thread, unclebruce!

Lots of stuff I haven't seen before....My favorite quote is this one:

Samuel, a l5-year-old youth from the same country [France], also believes in a complete change: "For the year 2000, I visualize a world transformed into a beautiful paradise! But I don’t think that either the present world or its rulers will live to see that day.

Now where did that poor youth get that idea from and why did the Watchtower publish it if the teen was simply "running ahead of the Org" with his own expectations....

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks unclebruce, for a 35 year snapshot of Watchtower views about the year 2000 and their expectations of Armageddon by 2000. I remember having studies in the old Truth book and trying to put fear into the householder when we came to the 2000 predictions. I never could scare any Bible-study into Bapstism. I think they smelled a rat.

This , would be a good thread for Mr. Pixies to read- he sure needs a Watchtower history lesson.

peace,

Moshe

• DannyHaszard
  • TopHat
    TopHat
    I don't think we should mistake recent changes to anything more than a 'responsible business plan'. Did you know the WTBS made it onto the top ten business list for Manhattan NY?

Yes, I read the WTS is in the top ten or was it 30? I believe it!

What book though are you speaking of?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Excellent thread.

Seems humans are determined to make this a self fullfilling prophecy to destroy their world.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... when you think you have seen it all - another one:

17 Back there, when Paul wrote that, it was nineteen centuries before the battle of Armageddon, which will be followed by marriage privileges for the “other sheep” of the Lord Jesus who survive the battle. Those Christians faithfully dying single back there did so without hope of any future human marriage on earth because they hoped in a heavenly resurrection to be part in Christ’s bride up above. So virginity back there had no thought of a mere postponing of marriage on earth till after Armageddon.

w56 10/1 p. 603 par. 17 ‘He That Marries Not Does Better’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit