How much longer can the 'anointed' Governing Body last?

by nicolaou 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What was the latest figure for Memorial partakers? About 8700? There has been plenty of feedback to suggest that the WT consider many to be wrongly partaking of the bread & wine and don't accept this whole number to be truly of the remnant of the 144,000. We'll be generous and say that they are all genuine.

Take women out of the equation and you may be left with about 4000 men - the ladies live longer ;)

Remove those that don't speak English and you may be down to perhaps 3000

Remove those that cannot relocate to the USA and you might be left with 2000

Remove those that may actually decline an invitation to the Governing Body - well not too many I guess so let's stick at 2000

Remove those that require constant nursing or healthcare and you could be down to your last 1000

Finally, remove those who are simply not up to the job . . .

"Brooklyn, we have a problem."

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

that number hasn't changed much in 25 years and now there are people in their 50s partaking who would have been in their mid 20 when the number was around 8K +

• kid-A
    kid-A

They fudge the numbers and will continue to do so ad infinitum. By 2014, we will know they are flat out lying about that unless JWs are somehow the longest lived humans on the planet.

They will just come up with some "new light" to explain it all away and the R+F will swallow it like pablum....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the two new members are quite young indeed - so I would say another 40 years

• sir82
    sir82

Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that there is a "pool" of 50-100 "young annointeds" (aged 50-60 or so) that have various responsibilities in Bethel? And that as replacements are needed, they are drawn from this pool? The last 4 or 5 GB members most recently appointed are "young annointed" ones.

So, for all you ambitious young MS's out there, here is the career track:

1) Be a super-pioneer

2) Get appointed as an elder young (age 30 or less)

3) The key point here - Begin partaking of the emblems, BUT NOT TOO YOUNG! Maybe around age 40-45. Show'em you're "mature", not a nut or an emotional basket case.

4) Do things to get noticed by Bethel. Become a substitute CO, or maybe be a temp Bethel worker 2 or 3 months a year. Get on their radar screen as a (1) organization man (2) an emblem partaker and (3) not an obvious nutcake.

5) Wait for the invitation to serve at Bethel. It should come by the time you're 50 or so (once they've seen you partaking and acting "normally" for 5-10 years).

6) Wait for the old codgers on the current GB to die off. Then you're in, baby!

Hmm, maybe I should make this its own topic...

• M.J.
    M.J.

There's that new Nethanim class or whatever it's called. Blondie should be here pretty soon. She'll fill ya in.

• leastone
    leastone

NOT MUCH LONGER ! ACCORDING TO TIST NEWSPAPER NOTICE http://216.6.192.131/tribpub.nb.ca/tribune/pdf/CT0222B04.PDF

• Honesty
    Honesty

Have ya noticed?

For years the Watchtower told us that the annointed were slowly dying off. For years the number of those 'partaking' has remained at the same level or even increased. For years the Watchtower has said that some of these people may be fraudulent partakers. For years the Watchtower has been exposed as being fraudulent.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Can anyone enlighten me as to the 'Nephinim'?......when I say 'enlighten', I mean point me to them in the Bible.

• VM44
    VM44

Why did Chartles Russell have this fascination with numbers from the Bible?

144,000, 1,260 days, 2,520 days, 7 times, 70 years, Three and a half times, and so on.

Add to that his fascination with pyramid numbers!!!

It appears he was deeply involved in a Numbers Racket!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit