How Do YOU View Ex Elders On This Board?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I have to applaud all those that left and are exposing so many injustices!!! That said, (you knew this was coming) with the elders that I know personally that have left...it seems hard for them to get over themselves. I can't quite put my finger on WHAT it is, but it comes out every now and then!!! Of course, I have to tell them they are reverting back to that "elder" thing and they move on!!!

Swalker (elder analyzer)

• Swan
    Swan

I'm very happy for them! It isn't easy for anyone to leave, so I'm basically happy for anyone who makes it out, whether they are an elder, pioneer, or just a lowly peon publisher.

Tammy

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Proud as hell of 'em. Just like all others who have the fortitude to stand up and get out of that hateful religion.

Jeff

alt

~Merry

• Golf
  • Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

I'm not into titles. For me, it was just that.

Golf

• onesong
    onesong

What I HATED most about being an elder was judging everyone and everything---now I truly don't judge anything, it's WIDE OPEN.

I have a few friends who have since left and they love to remind me of " Remember when you told me that I shouldn't..."

I get worked up and reply that " I am not responsible for anything I did or said while in the cult!"

• minimus
    minimus

One Song, from New Hampshire, huh?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I don't. I can't see any of them through this computer monitor...

• onesong
    onesong

Yeah Minimus..."Live Free Or Die" man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit