How Do YOU View Ex Elders On This Board?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    Totally agree with that comment; it seems like the truly genuine amongst JW's end up leaving at some point or another!

I was just thinking about this yesterday. When the truly genuine leave, what is left? The bureaucratic, the heavy-handed, the manipulative, the sly...

• peggy
    peggy

My ex-husband is an ex-elder. He comes to this forum and we have some of the most interesting conversations based on what we read here. I had no idea this board existed until I came upon it by accident. I asked the ex about it and he said that he reads it occasionally as well. So began our discussions. He isn't in my opinion, Elder material anymore, he is much better then that. I respect him more for the man he is and is becoming! I enjoy reading the experiences of the ones who were in the center of the Org. and got out. They have a greater insight into the workings and it really does take humility and strength to remove yourself from it!

• slugga
    slugga
    frankly had there been any elders like them in my congregation I never would have left!

Totally agree with that comment; it seems like the truly genuine amongst JW's end up leaving at some point or another!

I'll second that, quite often I'll flick through here and ask myself why I never knew brothers and sisters like the lot that post in here when I was in the Truth.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I hope you guys do not think I still act like an elder

• JH
    JH

I admire elders coming here, and giving their version of how they saw the Tower.

• slugga
    slugga

No, i think your pic says it all!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They abandoned their priviledges plus perhaps friends and famiy to follow what they believe is right so they must be OK. They are the ones that have a conscience.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

You have the best pair of boobs on an elder I have ever seen matey! DB74

• proplog2
    proplog2

I look at former elders like I look at former German SS men. They ALL did some bad stuff and behaved hypocritically.

Elders tend to have an ass-licking temperament. I don't get along with that type. I'm not an organizational man.

I hate politics and those who engage in it... even though I know it is a necessary evil.

I AM not and never was in any situation an ALPHA MALE and so I detest hierarchy again - even though I know it is necessary.

I believe X-Elders have a greater responsibility to use their leadership to expose the wrongs they were privy to. They need to serve some time.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

:: The ones that leave are the good ones; all that remains are the mean ones and the ones who let them be mean

Exactly.

I was intimidated by them at first but not any longer, especially once I got to know some of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit